Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Gamespot's Now Playing- Halo: CEA
Posted By: scarabDate: 11/12/11 6:58 p.m.

In Response To: Gamespot's Now Playing- Halo: CEA (robofin117)

Frankie mentioned that the first game didn't fill every location with action. The game let you explore.

Bungie restricted player freedom in later games.

I wonder if 343i will give us back our freedom and if they will be more relaxed about level design. Yes there will be intense parts but hopefully they will give is peaceful parts and few or no invisible barriers or return to battlefield orders.

I also hope that they restore the fun to vehicle sections.

Don't let multiplayer issues cramp campaign play and don't worry that vehicle use makes things too easy. Let vehicle sections be more fun. Levels shouldn't be a non-stop grind. A vehicle section should be like a break from the slog, a small reward and a change of pace for a while. So give us back those steely eyed, trigger happy Hog gunners from the first game and don't nerf the Hog gun in campaign.

343i also said that they would tweak gameplay to improve what was already there.

In that spirit...

Given that there are lots of unused buttons when manning the LAAG, it would be nice if we could at least tell the AI driver toggle between driving and stopping. It would also be nice to be able to set waypoints via the reticle and a shoulder button press (or something) and use (Y) (B) (A) to switch between positions on the Hog.

• (Y) - Take driver position

• (B) - Take side seat

• (A) - Take gunner position

Though I don't know if anybody would actually want to occupy the side seat and let the AI take the more interesting seats. :-)

The changes would be done via an animation from position to position and wouldn't require stopping and dismounting and running around and remounting and then driving off again.

If there was a passenger in the side seat whilst gunner and driver were swapping then the passenger may have some control over the vehicle whilst the swap too place so he could grab the wheel and steer. If not then maybe the vehicle continues in a straight line but loses some speed as the driver's foot would be off the gas.

This could even work in multiplayer as (Y) (B) or (A) could act as a request that could be agreed on by the recipient. In other words if the gunner presses (Y) then the driver could press (A) to agree to the swap.

Message Index

Replies:

Gamespot's Now Playing- Halo: CEArobofin117 11/12/11 12:35 a.m.
     Re: Gamespot's Now Playing- Halo: CEAuberfoop 11/12/11 2:11 a.m.
           Frankie just got confusedscarab 11/12/11 3:19 p.m.
                 Re: Frankie just got confuseduberfoop 11/12/11 4:31 p.m.
                       Re: Frankie just got confuseddavidfuchs 11/12/11 5:25 p.m.
                       Re: Frankie just got confusedscarab 11/12/11 6:29 p.m.
                             Re: Frankie just got confuseduberfoop 11/12/11 8:57 p.m.
                                   Re: Frankie just got confusedscarab 11/13/11 2:23 a.m.
                             Re: Frankie just got confusedFrankie 11/13/11 12:32 a.m.
                                   Re: Frankie just got confuseduberfoop 11/13/11 1:48 a.m.
                                   Re: Frankie just got confusedscarab 11/13/11 2:50 a.m.
                                   @Frankie=sw=warlord 11/13/11 9:08 a.m.
                                         Re: @FrankieLurono 11/13/11 1:05 p.m.
     Re: Gamespot's Now Playing- Halo: CEAscarab 11/12/11 6:58 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.