Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Frankie just got confused
Posted By: scarabDate: 11/12/11 6:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Frankie just got confused (uberfoop)

: In this video, he was trying, on two successive attempts, to shoot a banshee
: with a pistol from well outside of pistol range. I wouldn't be surprised
: if he has no idea what backpacking reloading is.

If he really really wanted to kill those two then he should have gone down to the waterfall and let them come to him. The rocks give him cover and he doesn't have to worry about the dropship or the troops dropped by it.

He should make sure that both Banshees are smoking before he kills one. The other will flee once its partner is dead so it has to be smoking to ensure a kill as it retreats.

: Also, backpack reloading is kind of a lame way out sometimes. I usually try
: to avoid it; reloading normally definitely keeps the two-door ambush on
: Library more interesting.

Its just that it would have helped him immensely, especially with the added difficulty of talking and fighting.

I actually like backpack reloading. The armor has magic weapon grippers so I don't see why they can't also reload the weapon. If I had nano-tech evolving armor then my nano-tech would crack the backpack reloading problem. Since it has to be specifically triggered by the player nobody is forced to use it. It could be a campaign only feature. Make it happen in Halo 4 343i.

It may not be socially astute to mention this immediately after asking for a feature request from Frankie but... I was amazed at how much pistol ammo he wasted. Grunts are one shot kills if you put their skull on the bottom of the reticle.

My guess is that the aim assist code randomly places the shot on some part of the target that is within the reticle. If you center the reticle on the forehead then part of the chest and the shoulders are inside the reticle so have a good chance of being hit. If only the head is in the reticle then only the head can be hit. I also think that the aiming assist is stronger if the reticle is moving - if you sweep the shot. So steady aiming is not as successful as letting the xbox make the shot for you.

Message Index

Replies:

Gamespot's Now Playing- Halo: CEArobofin117 11/12/11 12:35 a.m.
     Re: Gamespot's Now Playing- Halo: CEAuberfoop 11/12/11 2:11 a.m.
           Frankie just got confusedscarab 11/12/11 3:19 p.m.
                 Re: Frankie just got confuseduberfoop 11/12/11 4:31 p.m.
                       Re: Frankie just got confuseddavidfuchs 11/12/11 5:25 p.m.
                       Re: Frankie just got confusedscarab 11/12/11 6:29 p.m.
                             Re: Frankie just got confuseduberfoop 11/12/11 8:57 p.m.
                                   Re: Frankie just got confusedscarab 11/13/11 2:23 a.m.
                             Re: Frankie just got confusedFrankie 11/13/11 12:32 a.m.
                                   Re: Frankie just got confuseduberfoop 11/13/11 1:48 a.m.
                                   Re: Frankie just got confusedscarab 11/13/11 2:50 a.m.
                                   @Frankie=sw=warlord 11/13/11 9:08 a.m.
                                         Re: @FrankieLurono 11/13/11 1:05 p.m.
     Re: Gamespot's Now Playing- Halo: CEAscarab 11/12/11 6:58 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.