Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Tip of the (strange) Spire
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 7/15/11 8:18 p.m.

Yes, it's a horrible title, let's move on.
I mentioned a little while back some oddness on Spire, and that something past what I said got me looking around. I extended my investigation to Tip of the Spear and unfortunately didn't get anywhere... probably. I'm going to go through again and try a thing or two.
Anyway, cutting to the chase, this is what I was talking about (film file link), these areas or panels on the bottom of the spire make these clicking and popping noises, and if you listen closely there are some "thunks" in there too-- I tried all kinds of things to get them to do something both on Spire and Tip of the Spear, since the pops and clicks sounded like static I even pushed the radio all the way over to this area. Holding X near them may have affected the thunks, or it may have been coincidence. One reason I think these are well, something, is along with these there's something similar at the top of the spire (where you deactivate the shields in campaign)-- which I'll add also produces sounds not heard elsewhere on Spire or Tip of the Spear and possibly not anywhere else in the game-- together there are se7en. They also all have some of these on them.

Spire symbol

Does that remind anyone else of the Destiny logo?
I have a hunch these sounds may just be the key to deciphering Covenant speech, possibly along with the sounds coming from something with a bunch of levers and small screens in the mining facility, another location I'll investigate more.
Other assorted stuff from my playthrough:

a film clip of Kat with a good line, if a bit cheesy-- I'll let you listen yourself

"Now, player, witness the power of this fully armed and operational anti-air cannon!"

BFG indeed

I found this on the Falcon--the grenade launcher Falcon.

Falcon gun writing

That's it for now, hopefully something in this wasn't boring for you.

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

Tip of the (strange) SpireGeneral Vagueness 7/15/11 8:18 p.m.
     NATO?! WTF, Bungie? *NM*ZackDark 7/15/11 8:34 p.m.
           Re: NATO?! WTF, Bungie?Urban Reflex 7/15/11 8:46 p.m.
                 Re: NATO?! WTF, Bungie?ZackDark 7/15/11 8:57 p.m.
                       Re: NATO?! WTF, Bungie?SPARTAN-034 7/15/11 9:00 p.m.
                             Re: NATO?! WTF, Bungie?ZackDark 7/15/11 9:11 p.m.
                       Re: NATO?! WTF, Bungie?Bry 7/15/11 9:12 p.m.
                             Re: NATO?! WTF, Bungie?ZackDark 7/15/11 10:03 p.m.
                                   Re: NATO?! WTF, Bungie?Quirel 7/16/11 6:36 p.m.
                             Re: NATO?! WTF, Bungie?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/15/11 10:55 p.m.
                                   Re: NATO?! WTF, Bungie?Dagoonite 7/15/11 11:29 p.m.
                                   If it ain't broke and all that jazz... *NM*nomis78 7/16/11 3:19 a.m.
                                         Re: If it ain't broke and all that jazz...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/16/11 8:05 a.m.
                                               Re: If it ain't broke and all that jazz...Bry 7/16/11 9:11 a.m.
                                   Re: NATO?! WTF, Bungie?bluerunner 7/16/11 2:10 p.m.
                                         Re: NATO?! WTF, Bungie?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/16/11 3:02 p.m.
     Re: Tip of the (strange) SpireGeneral Vagueness 7/16/11 12:47 a.m.
           Re: Tip of the (strange) Spirenomis78 7/16/11 4:32 a.m.
           Re: Tip of the (strange) SpireStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/16/11 8:26 a.m.
     He's onto something!nomis78 7/16/11 4:29 a.m.
           Re: He's onto something!General Vagueness 7/16/11 10:23 a.m.
                 Freaking heck, nomis *NM*General Vagueness 7/16/11 10:24 a.m.
                       Love ya vaguenessnomis78 7/18/11 1:29 a.m.
     Re: Tip of the (strange) SpireGeneral Vagueness 7/17/11 9:56 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.