Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

(yet more) Evolutions thoughts/questions
Posted By: Arithmomaniac <arithmomaniac@hotmail.com>Date: 2/24/10 9:16 p.m.

Just finished my library copy of Evolutions... Not my favorite Halo book (First Strike would probably take that one) but still a standout in a good series.

Pariah felt like it had the potential to be a great story, but had no ending. (And what was in the box?) I'm hoping we're not done with him...

Stomping on the Heels of a Fuss had Covenant politics. And a twisted ending. Definitely a fan.

Suprised to find Asimov in Midlothian ... why would a smart AI be encoded that way if they are just a brain scan? Even our dumb computers aren't programmed that way.

The SpecOp Elites in Headhunters and Midlothian are not the same, which is odd ...

Since when do Spartans talk so much? (Black Team, Headhunters)? We all figured Gray Team was the exception, not the rule...

At least they didn't give John the same treatment in Palace Hotel ... what a remarkable coincidence at the end. Luck strikes again.

Speaking of which, does the dialogue in Human Weakness supersede the in-game dialogue? Do the events in Palace Hotel replace a whole level of Halo 2?

Human Weakness is possibly my all-time favorite short story. (And I just finished reading Asimov's The Complete Robot). I also liked the synthesized version of rampancy/AI death in it.

Nice to see the godfather of the Halo universe writing again ... even if he can't directly write on the universe at large, he throws in a good deal of background info.

That, and the last two (slow) stories at the end of the book ... I wonder whether 343 may be ready to move on to post-Halo already, without making a space-combat game. Come on!

Arithmomaniac

Message Index

Replies:

(yet more) Evolutions thoughts/questionsArithmomaniac 2/24/10 9:16 p.m.
     Re: (yet more) Evolutions thoughts/questionsStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/24/10 10:12 p.m.
           Re: (yet more) Evolutions thoughts/questionsArithmomaniac 2/25/10 11:48 a.m.
     Re: (yet more) Evolutions thoughts/questionsFrankie 2/26/10 12:32 p.m.
     Re: (yet more) Evolutions thoughts/questionsFrankie 2/26/10 12:33 p.m.
           Re: (yet more) Evolutions thoughts/questionsLouis Wu 2/26/10 1:12 p.m.
                 Re: (yet more) Evolutions thoughts/questionsMercury 2/26/10 1:31 p.m.
                 Mo Ye Connection in HaloAngelicLionheart 2/27/10 12:36 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.