Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Banshee hijacking
Posted By: Stephen L. (SoundEffect) <soundeffect@hotmail.com>Date: 4/24/08 5:50 p.m.

In Response To: Banshee hijacking (Rockslider)

: In the thread on Gravemind's H3 review, I mentioned that yes you CAN board
: a Banshee. So I guess now is an opportune time to finally post the short
: article I prepared ages ago, which describes one quite easy way of doing
: it. See Banshee hijack from a roof , on my level 7 fun page.

Funny you mention that. Some of the most challenging fun I've had with Halo 3 campaign is going through as much of the game as I can without using vehicles of any kind to progress.

When it came to finishing "Covenant" tower 1 and you get back to the beach, you have to use a vehicle. This is the first time you must in the game. I played this way on both Normal and Heroic. Although I used the Hornet to get from the beach to Tower 3, I refused to use the fire buttons and instead headed out along at water level.

Here's where I had the most fun I've found with Halo 3. I rose the cliff to Tower 3 and flew onto it's roof. I ditched the Hornet and then proceeded to board and capture each Banshee. I didn't destroy any of them intentionally, I boarded them, and then ditched them with the Hornet on the rooftop.

I ended up piling up 8 intact Banshees behind me, then I went to tackle the 3 Wraiths and Shade. The two AA Wraiths are difficult to take down as you don't get the 'press RB to board vehicle' prompt. You have to shoot at them or use grenades.

I have done all of campaign on Normal and Heroic and the only vehicles deliberately used was the Hornet to get from the beach to Tower 3 and the Warthog for the run to the Dawn at the end of the game.

It's a thrill to complete nearly the whole game on foot!

My HBO Articles

Message Index

Replies:

Banshee hijackingRockslider 4/23/08 5:31 p.m.
     Re: Banshee hijackingAglor 4/23/08 5:33 p.m.
     Easy enough if you take a Cloak with youMirel 4/24/08 2:05 p.m.
           Re: Easy enough if you take a Cloak with youLouis Wu 4/24/08 2:17 p.m.
                 They busted quiet late, that's why I didn't bother *NM*Mirel 4/24/08 3:09 p.m.
                       Hmm...Louis Wu 4/24/08 3:25 p.m.
                             I read it right after he postedDon 4/24/08 3:32 p.m.
           Re: Easy enough if you take a Cloak with youRockslider 4/24/08 6:32 p.m.
     Re: Banshee hijackingCaptain Spark 4/24/08 5:06 p.m.
           Re: Banshee hijackingRockslider 4/25/08 12:29 p.m.
     Re: Banshee hijackingStephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/24/08 5:50 p.m.
           Re: Banshee hijackingRockslider 4/25/08 12:25 p.m.
     Re: Banshee hijackingMorpheus 4/24/08 10:03 p.m.
           Re: Banshee hijackingRockslider 4/25/08 12:27 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.