Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Cheers for your comments. *Spoilers*
Posted By: Simpsons Rule <SimpsonsRule17@gmail.com>Date: 11/5/07 10:36 a.m.

In Response To: Cheers for your comments. *Spoilers* (c0ld vengeance)

: I understand that this one was more confusing than the last but ive tested it
: a few times and once you figure out a few things, its actually alot easier
: than 01 which was more about being quick and skillfull (doing the jumps
: before the powerup ran out).

: The barriers at the end can be blown apart with enough room to get past
: pretty much every time if you stick the spikenade in the right place.
: Also, I understand the fan jump can be annoying unless you jump from the
: right place :)

: This is all trial and error and I love your idea about the blocked
: teleporter, you'll probably see that in 03 ;)

I have to agree pete_the_duck on the frustration this is causing. Even though I know how to make the jump from the fan blade onto the bridge teleporter, it's by no means easy or consistent, and often times when I come out of the teleporter, the momentum I had going in will push me too far out and I will fall. If I crouch walk slowly towards the teleporter on the bridge, I won't have enough momentum to even get into it. Very frustrating.

Then actually getting the deployable cover is a trick itself. I'm still not sure what causes one attempt to work over the other but it's not consistent. And I can't tell you the number of times I've died going after that spike grenade. If you stop moving at all you die, if you walk too far to the right, you die, and if you don't have enough momentum going into the teleporter, you won't make it past one of the invisible barriers, and you will be pushed back and unable to get it. Plus, the gravity lift at Froman will fall as soon as you use it, and it will never respawn which means it's a one time deal.

The barriers also managed to break but still keep me from passing in my run too. The debris made it just impossible for me to walk over it, and without the ability to jump, I was screwed.

I love the concept of these puzzles, and it must have taken a long time to place everything where it should be, but some of the elements in this one really deter people from playing with it, I think. To be honest, one of the more frustrating things is that the teleporter at Froman falls and never respawns. A weapon holder can be used to hold up a teleporter, and weapon holders float in the air permanently. They will change the direction of the gravity lift to always face a certain way with relation to the weapon holder itself, so all you have to do is turn the weapon holder to get the gravity lift to face where you want it to.

I just feel as though there should not be elements to the puzzle which prevent people from trying over and over within the time limit. I don't mean to attack, I'm just trying to offer constructive criticism. Please keep these coming!

-SR

Message Index

Replies:

Puzzleball 02c0ld vengeance 11/4/07 12:11 p.m.
     *comments* *sp, if you plan to play it*pete_the_duck 11/4/07 1:31 p.m.
           Cheers for your comments. *Spoilers*c0ld vengeance 11/5/07 9:27 a.m.
                 Re: Cheers for your comments. *Spoilers*Simpsons Rule 11/5/07 10:36 a.m.
                       Re: Cheers for your comments. *Spoilers*djpaddock20 11/5/07 11:55 p.m.
           There's an easier solutionPsychophan7 11/5/07 3:06 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.