glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I wouldn't say that Halo 2 was overhyped, per se.
Posted By: FuzzyWhisperDate: 9/9/07 7:47 a.m.

In Response To: Top 5 most over hyped games. (chewpathingy)

I mean, the anticipation level was no less than expected considering the original Halo's wildly positive reception. I should think it was obvious even then that some people's hopes were unrealistic.

As for the game itself being disappointing, it's not like we didn't get the vast majority of what was promised, even if the execution does leave something to be desired. Besides the significant graphical overhaul, the new weapons, vehicles, characters and gameplay features are mostly welcome additions to the Halo universe. Weapon balance and the less-than-stellar Campaign notwithstanding, there isn't much to detract from Halo 2's status as a triple-A title. Perhaps the game is slightly less impressive than its predecessor as an overall package, but Halo 1's prime strength has always been that it's simple yet exceedingly well-refined; in Halo 2's case some of that refinement was sacrificed to bring players a more multifaceted experience.

I'm fully aware of the myriad complaints--many of them valid and well-informed--that have been leveled at Halo 2 over the past three years. It's just that, personally, when I look back on the game I see an imperfect but by no means unsatisfying entry in a series I very much enjoy. For me it works despite its problems.

Message Index

Replies:

Top 5 most over hyped games.chewpathingy 9/9/07 3:56 a.m.
     I wouldn't say that Halo 2 was overhyped, per se.FuzzyWhisper 9/9/07 7:47 a.m.
     Re: Top 5 most over hyped games.Psychophan7 9/9/07 8:41 a.m.
           Re: Top 5 most over hyped games.Thos 9/9/07 8:54 a.m.
                 Re: Top 5 most over hyped games.Pedro the Penguin 9/9/07 10:17 a.m.
                       Re: Top 5 most over hyped games.Draganos 9/9/07 10:26 a.m.
                             Re: Top 5 most over hyped games.BirDMaN 9/9/07 11:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Top 5 most over hyped games.bigmantis 9/9/07 5:04 p.m.
                                         Re: Top 5 most over hyped games.J23 9/9/07 8:41 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.