Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Interesting...
Posted By: Youngblood <jermevans1990@gmail.com>Date: 8/25/07 9:41 p.m.

In Response To: Uprising 1: Discussion*Spoilers* (The Cancers)

Well just picked up my copy today, because I just found the cash to, and I found it to be one of the more interesting comic books I've read along side the "World War Hulk" miniseries that is going on.

But of course, me being the Halo fan I just have to find something wrong with it because I love perfection...

Colonel Ackerson: Well from the previews I knew Ackerson was going to betray humanity but even then I didn't like it and now I still don't. I found Ackerson to be one to hate the Spartans but love humanity as a whole and was trying to protect them, setting him up as just the person who rats them out bothers me... He was just one of my favorite characters in the novels.

Cleveland: I said it before and I'll say it again, out of the dozens of major cities in the world where they could've set the story... It had to be Cleveland. New York, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco or Seattle would have been better choices. New York has its population and its ability to show landmarks and many people would know where the setting is exactly at, Chicago has roughly the same, Seattle and San Francisco has some memoriable landmarks as well, leaving out the population. But Cleveland, I have nothing against the city except the Indians but c'mon there are so many places in the states, hell in the World that would have been better choices.

I would love to see what happens to London, Paris, or Tokyo. Very good places to put the setting and give another point of view. This was probably my biggest beef with the comic book.

The MC: How the hell did he survive so many shots from a Fuel Rod Gun and why are the Hunters helping the Brutes?

The Dialogue: I found it to be a tad unbelieveable and some of the actions from the main characters in Cleveland, why in the hell would a guy think of hiding under a table to protect himself from the Covenant. Wouldn't running come first? I couldn't see myself diving under the table to hide, running first ask questions later would happen.

Other than that... It was good, the art was amazing and its story held up enough. Finally I give it a 8/10, great for those Halo fans who want to get into the story a bit more, but Hardcore fans may find themselves thinking that it could be better...

Message Index

Replies:

Uprising 1: Discussion*Spoilers*The Cancers 8/22/07 11:17 a.m.
     Re: Uprising 1: Discussion*Spoilers*Mazz 8/22/07 12:19 p.m.
           A few interesting things to point out... *SP*Neloms 8/22/07 1:50 p.m.
                 Re: A few interesting things to point out... *SP*Mister Froggy 8/22/07 2:46 p.m.
                       Re: A few interesting things to point out... *SP*X1Zero 8/22/07 5:11 p.m.
                             Re: A few interesting things to point out... *SP*X1Zero 8/22/07 5:39 p.m.
                 Re: A few interesting things to point out... *SP*Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 8/22/07 9:10 p.m.
                 Re: A few interesting things to point out... *SP*awesome O 8/23/07 11:06 a.m.
                       Re: A few interesting things to point out... *SP*DarkSim 8/24/07 2:10 a.m.
     Brutes have good taste *SP*SinisterSamurai 8/22/07 6:50 p.m.
           Re: Brutes have good taste *SP*The Cancers 8/22/07 11:39 p.m.
     Re: Uprising 1: Discussion*Spoilers*SinisterSamurai 8/22/07 7:37 p.m.
     Where's the acronym?Ross Mills 8/23/07 10:11 a.m.
     overall impressionSlith 8/23/07 4:37 p.m.
           Did the double question marks annoy you, too?? *NM*Jordan117 8/23/07 5:22 p.m.
     Re: Uprising 1: Discussion*Spoilers*Compton 8/23/07 5:59 p.m.
           Re: Uprising 1: Discussion*Spoilers*Cthulhu117 8/23/07 7:29 p.m.
                 Das MC SpoilersSinisterSamurai 8/23/07 7:41 p.m.
                       Re: Das MC SpoilersNeloms 8/23/07 8:15 p.m.
                             Re: Das MC SpoilersNeloms 8/23/07 8:16 p.m.
                                   Re: Das MC SpoilersNeloms 8/23/07 8:18 p.m.
     Re: Uprising 1: Discussion*Spoilers*gspawn 8/23/07 9:56 p.m.
           Re: Uprising 1: Discussion*Spoilers*Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 8/24/07 9:46 a.m.
     Interesting...Youngblood 8/25/07 9:41 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.