Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Do they walk?
Posted By: RVideo <racer4770@aim.com>Date: 12/18/06 3:51 p.m.

In Response To: Do they walk? (Jillybean)

: Not seen the Cortana ones yet - but can you get them to walk? It seemed to me
: like it always cut away right where 'sarge' should have started moving.

Well, yes and no. For Gunns, I had to 'slide' his elite replacement and jump around to get him to move after he says 'meet me by the zapper'. In this case, he did amble over to the control console.

For Sarge/white elite..No. He never moved. In fact, I had to nudge him out of the elevator and into the Tram to continue the script.

As for Cortana: I have never been able to get her biped model to walk. I am still not sure what I am missing. Ive tried multiple animation swaps and various variable changes. The last thing I tried was based on the possibility that her contact points (read: her 'feet') to the map's collison mesh needed to be changed.
It didnt work.

There are a lot of variables that go into a biped. Everything is given an assignment that you can posibly think of. Melee damage, what 'team' the biped is on (human/cov/ambient/sentinel/machine for exa). There are also many 'unknown' tags that have never been identified.

Several of chest beating 1337 modders have told me that getting Cortana to ambulate is no big deal. However, I have yet to see anyone provide such an example of this supposedly 'easy' change.
Granted, Cortana has no intrinsic JMAD for walking of course, as she was never meant to walk in the story (that I am aware of).

Right now, the only way I know how to 'relocate' Cortana's biped across a map is to manually teleport using Yelo DevCam.

The same goes for Lord Hood. And ravemind.
I have always believed that animating Cortana would be a cool asset to the machinima community, specifically machinima fan-fiction plot spin-offs.

Message Index

Replies:

More fun with Biped swaps (part 2)RVideo 12/18/06 12:20 a.m.
     Re: More fun with Biped swaps (part 2)sgtsmiles 12/18/06 1:43 a.m.
           Re: More fun with Biped swaps (part 2)RVideo 12/18/06 2:26 a.m.
                 Re: More fun with Biped swaps (part 2)Miguel Chavez 12/18/06 9:49 a.m.
                       Do they walk?Jillybean 12/18/06 1:02 p.m.
                             Re: Do they walk?Dojorkan 12/18/06 1:32 p.m.
                                   Re: Do they walk?Jillybean 12/18/06 1:53 p.m.
                                         Re: Do they walk?Dojorkan 12/18/06 2:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Do they walk?Jillybean 12/18/06 2:05 p.m.
                             Re: Do they walk?RVideo 12/18/06 3:51 p.m.
                                   Re: Do they walk?The More Deluded 12/18/06 3:55 p.m.
                                         Re: Do they walk?RVideo 12/18/06 3:59 p.m.
                                   Re: Do they walk?Dojorkan 12/18/06 5:15 p.m.
                                         Re: Do they walk?RVideo 12/19/06 7:33 a.m.
                                               Re: Do they walk?Dojorkan 12/19/06 8:19 a.m.
                                                     Re: Do they walk?RVideo 12/19/06 8:39 a.m.
                                                           Re: Do they walk?Dojorkan 12/19/06 9:19 a.m.
                 Re: More fun with Biped swaps (part 2)Dojorkan 12/18/06 1:36 p.m.
     Re: More fun with Biped swaps (part 2)Bodie 12/18/06 6:35 a.m.
     Re: More fun with Biped swaps (part 2)PsychoRaven 12/18/06 2:04 p.m.
     ROFL!Fires7orm 12/18/06 7:12 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.