Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: And with that, comes an idea.
Posted By: Michael M. <Dexterdot@hotmail.com>Date: 3/11/05 1:51 p.m.

In Response To: Re: And with that, comes an idea. (zugy)

: Hmmm...not such a terrible idea, but lately it seems people aren't reading
: such things...so you have to wonder if it'd be worth the effort...

Think back to the yellow banshee. Some people couldn't see it as a joke, and actually thought it was real, so they looked around.

I'm not sure at which point Louis updated the 'FAQ' page to let fans know the YB is fake, but I'm pretty sure that would've pointed fans in the right direction.

I'm not necessarily saying this will ALWAYS help, but for rumors like that it should provide a positive, definite answer.

I'm thinking of two options for the page: It could provide a 'debungled rumors' page or there could be just simply, 'the rumor mill'. The Rumor Mill could simply tell you about rumors floating around the community, the date they were noticed and their status ('False', 'True' or 'Unconfirmed') along with the date their status was confirmed.
The debungled rumors page would only contain false rumors.

I would probably go for the first option, myself, as it provides fans with more information. I would also go for a disclaimer at the top saying something along the lines of 'There are unconfirmed rumors on this page. Please DO NOT automatically assume these are true, but we give you reason to have hope in them. Please don't take the rumors too heavy, for all we know they could have been started by some 10 year-old boy. Thanks.'

Some people still play Halo 1, so I would think it would be a great idea to include previous rumors in the past just so fans don't get all caught up in a rumor that was confirmed false... two years ago.

These are all suggestions, and no-one has to necessarily take them. I would just personally do it if I had my own Halo site with high visitor numbers.

~_^

Message Index

Replies:

So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedMasterToad 3/11/05 11:18 a.m.
     Its not confirmed.Littlebigman 3/11/05 11:23 a.m.
     Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedJillybean 3/11/05 11:23 a.m.
           Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedJedi631 3/11/05 11:24 a.m.
                 Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedFinn 3/11/05 11:50 a.m.
                       Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedzugy 3/11/05 12:33 p.m.
                             Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedLouis Wu 3/11/05 12:35 p.m.
                                   LIES!El Bastard 3/11/05 12:55 p.m.
                                         Re: LIES!Louis Wu 3/11/05 1:06 p.m.
                                   Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedzugy 3/11/05 1:02 p.m.
                                         Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedmnemesis 3/11/05 1:15 p.m.
                                               Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedEl Bastard 3/11/05 1:25 p.m.
                                                     Its all about moneyc0ld vengeance 3/11/05 1:54 p.m.
                                                           Re: Its all about moneyEl Bastard 3/11/05 2:17 p.m.
                                                           It's ALWAYS about money.Saint [lpn] 3/11/05 2:19 p.m.
                                                     Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedPeptuck 3/11/05 3:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedOdin's Rain 3/11/05 4:04 p.m.
                                                     Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedRevDotNed 3/12/05 10:07 p.m.
                                   And with that, comes an idea.Michael M. 3/11/05 1:26 p.m.
                                         Re: And with that, comes an idea.zugy 3/11/05 1:34 p.m.
                                               Re: And with that, comes an idea.Michael M. 3/11/05 1:51 p.m.
                                         Re: And with that, comes an idea.Louis Wu 3/11/05 3:20 p.m.
     halo movie would suck!!! Stop this "heresy"!!! *NMdrfool 3/11/05 11:40 a.m.
           Re: halo movie would suck!!! Stop this "heresy"!!!Durandal-218 3/11/05 11:42 a.m.
           Re: halo movie would suck!!! Stop this "heresy"!!!Bluestone 3/11/05 1:39 p.m.
     Re: So the Halo Movie is real: confirmedMaster Cheif 3/11/05 1:22 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.