Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Ramblings
Posted By: dilbertDate: 9/6/00 2:18 p.m.

In Response To: Ramblings (nexZ)

> Anyway, this is probably all irrelevant. Bottom line: If you
> apply for the job and don't get it, go somewhere else, or start
> your own company.

I think that I am being taken in the wrong context or at least some sort of strange lighting in the background. I am very sorry if MY use of carriage returns has upset you, but I see no relevance in your comparison of my posting style, nor my desire to obtain a working relationship with Bungie Software. A post was made earlier that stated that Nathan's job was open, I honestly expressed my opinion of the matter, with out hopes that Jason or Matt would see it and say "Hey there's a great idea, lets relocate this guy and have him do Nathan's job". No where did I imply that my skills or expertise was equal to or surpassing of those pertaining to Bungie, but that I would be glad to and felt that I could make a positive contribution. Should I apply for the job, I have every confidence that I would not even be considered, given my complete lack of professional experience. I have never developed a professionally produced titled, nor have I ever programmed and implemented a new gaming engine. I haven't climb to the top of a very tall mountain either, but none of that means that I wouldn't have an idea that would help. But to contradict, my experience has been more of Q2 map making and RPG story telling, on a purely personal part time experience. Should I choose to leave my job, and devout my time to learning the newest technology, or how to use OpenGL in game graphic design, I think I would quickly find my self running very low on cash. But I never really had that chance to get full fledged, as I am sure that a lot of others that post to this list have. Many of them have responsibilities and other things to pre-occupy their time with, leaving very little time to really concentrate on their game development skills. Unless of course their responsibilities are that which include game development, say you work for Bungie or WestWood, or Sierra, but not all of us do. While I will keep my dream of hearing from Bungie in a pipe, I will not make waste of my time wishing that Bungie release a beta test of Halo exclusively for me. I will, just like you will, wait, and wait, read the posts, and wait, and then play halo, but not all day, as I must tend to my garden of pesky end-users who do not know how to format floppies, map network printers, nor perform other daily 'IT' tasks, just so a large company such as mine can turn a tidy profit. Not to mention my families monetary needs for food and shelter to provide for. In closing, I leave with just a reminder, If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. Sorry for using so many carriage returns, next time I'll try to group my ramblings a little closer.

-dilbert

Message Index

Replies:

Hiring: one (1) Nathan BitnerForensic 9/1/00 8:56 p.m.
     Re: Hiring: one (1) Nathan BitnerMark Levin 9/1/00 9:24 p.m.
           Re: Hiring: one (1) Nathan BitnerLouis Wu 9/1/00 9:53 p.m.
                 Re: Hiring: one (1) Nathan BitnerApe Man 9/1/00 10:50 p.m.
                       Re: Hiring: one (1) Nathan BitnerDan Rudolph 9/1/00 10:57 p.m.
                             Re: Hiring: one (1) Nathan BitnerApe Man 9/2/00 12:00 a.m.
                             Re: Hiring: one (1) Nathan BitnerFrost 9/5/00 11:30 p.m.
                 My mistake.Forensic 9/2/00 2:31 a.m.
     Good LuckNathan E. Bitner 9/3/00 1:20 a.m.
           What took you so long?nexZ 9/3/00 2:11 a.m.
           Re: Good Luckfatboy18 9/3/00 3:30 p.m.
     Re: Hiring: one (1) Nathan Bitnerdilbert 9/5/00 11:00 a.m.
           Re: Hiring: one (1) Nathan BitnerNathan E. Bitner 9/6/00 8:41 a.m.
                 Re: Hiring: one (1) Nathan BitnerLouis Wu 9/6/00 8:54 a.m.
                       Good! ;) (NT)Mark Levin 9/6/00 9:10 a.m.
                 Re: Hiring: one (1) Nathan Bitnerdilbert 9/6/00 11:33 a.m.
                       RamblingsnexZ 9/6/00 12:13 p.m.
                             Re: Ramblingsdilbert 9/6/00 2:18 p.m.
                                   Re: RamblingsnexZ 9/6/00 3:55 p.m.
                                         Re: Ramblingsdilbert 9/6/00 4:00 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.