Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I hate to sound bad...
Posted By: Daft Shadow =PN= <daftshadow@paxnimbus.com>Date: 7/1/00 1:59 p.m.

In Response To: Re: hmmmm... (-HN-Pill)

> Well, if we do not have permission (we as in Halo-Net) to
> produce stickers etc. for fans, who could we talk to, in order
> to settle things. I don't believe that Flashback was stealing,
> he just wanted to make something for the Halo community, he is
> making no profits, as is anyone in Halo-Net. The bungie store
> closes and a fan base opens up, its not like Halo-net is
> reproducing something already made, and keeping 100% profit, its
> for the "fans" of this game. Halo-Net supposedly had
> the permission make these things. If anything this, promotes
> Microsoft, I mean Bungiesoft, and Halo. If it is not ok to sell
> these things, I am sure Halo-Net will not sell them.

But the statement that this, if anything, promotes bungie is just like with Napster. There are hundreds of people who say that things like this promote music and that people are just getting their panties in a wad, but the down to earth truth is that you're actually stealing that music, until you buy the CD...

I'm not going to argue about napster, it's been done before, but selling Halo swag is not right. hell, it shouldn't be done. now, if you wanted to give away the stickers and shirts for free, and make sure the people paid ample money for shipping and handling, and maybe made a donation or two along with it that just might pay for the cost of the shirt, then maybe that would work, bu tblatantly selling bungie's merchandise it not legal. You cannot make a profit off of something from someone else, no matter how good it sounds :)

Message Index

Replies:

Halo-net shop to sell Halo stickers?Bagman 6/30/00 8:12 a.m.
     Re: Halo-net shop to sell Halo stickers?Matt 6/30/00 10:02 a.m.
           Re: Halo-net shop to sell Halo stickers?Bagman 6/30/00 10:23 a.m.
                 Re: Halo-net shop to sell Halo stickers?Matt 6/30/00 12:51 p.m.
                       halo-net says:Alex 6/30/00 1:00 p.m.
                             Re: halo-net says:Bagman 6/30/00 1:29 p.m.
                                   In reply to all this confusionHalo-Net Support 6/30/00 2:18 p.m.
                                         Re: In reply to all this confusionCCS Spirit of Vengeance 6/30/00 2:46 p.m.
                                               hmmmm...Halo-Net Support 6/30/00 2:49 p.m.
                                                     Re: hmmmm...-HN-Buzzard5000 6/30/00 2:58 p.m.
                                                           Re: hmmmm...-HN-Pill 6/30/00 10:12 p.m.
                                                                 I hate to sound bad...Daft Shadow =PN= 7/1/00 1:59 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I hate to sound bad...Halo-Net Support 7/1/00 3:11 p.m.
                                                                             Hey! Do you do Halo pants? (nt)BSmeister 7/1/00 3:48 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I hate to sound bad...-HN-Pill 7/1/00 7:34 p.m.
                                         Re: In reply to all this confusionJenkz 7/1/00 5:55 a.m.
                             Re: halo-net says:Matt 6/30/00 1:58 p.m.
                                   Re: halo-net says:SOLO1 6/30/00 2:28 p.m.
                                         D'oh!Wirehead 6/30/00 2:49 p.m.
                                               Re: D'oh!-HN-Buzzard5000 6/30/00 2:56 p.m.
                                                     Re: D'oh!Oddot 6/30/00 3:38 p.m.
                                                           Re: D'oh!-HN-Buzzard5000 6/30/00 4:34 p.m.
                                                     LOLWirehead 6/30/00 3:54 p.m.
                                                           Re: LOL-HN-Buzzard5000 6/30/00 4:36 p.m.
                                   Re: halo-net says:balance 6/30/00 3:31 p.m.
                                   halo-net has my support:Alex 7/1/00 12:46 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.