glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Great chart, but you have some wrong data.
Posted By: Hypnotoad <gmims44@mail.com>Date: 2/7/05 2:31 p.m.

In Response To: Great chart, but you have some wrong data. (HBO Chewbacca)

: Great work. I did notice two errors though on the second chart. While you are
: correct that the Brute shot and sword do take 2 melee hits to kill, they
: both deal way more damage then 3 (on a scale of 1 to 6). Dwainage and I
: did an experiment last month and we concluded that the sword (when NOT
: locked) and the Brute shot both take down all sheilds, just like a plamsa
: charge up. This is closer to 5 on your scale. Speed and wether you are air
: born or not doesn't matter, as you have show.

: You may think I am being picky, but consider this senario: you have a Brute
: shot and you have already done some damage to your for with a brute shot
: nade. With a damage value of 3, you might take another shot or two, but if
: the damage value is 5, then you may go in for a melee kill, get a medal,
: and save some ammo!

: I had no idea that the sentinel beam work the same as the rocket laucher
: melee wise!

The brute shot and energy sword (I only used the B button, btw) don't follow the same pattern as the other weapons, and that makes them kind of problematic. However, the damage is still closer to a 3 than a 5.

Try this. Take one swipe with the sword, then see how many additional stationary melees with an SMG it takes to kill. I was kind of surprised too, but it takes 3. That's why I gave the sword and Brute Shot a damage value of three.

However, I just looked at this again, and meleeing someone with full shields three times with an SMG doesn't take their shields completely down like the sword or brute shot does, so obviously they're not exactly equal. With further comparison, here's what I found equaled a kill:

1 energy sword melee + 2 stationary SMG melees + 1 short burst from SMG
5 stationary SMG melees + 2 short bursts from SMG

Based on this, it seems that the energy sword and brute shot (I tested it too) do approximately 3.5 points of damage. Thanks for making me look deeper into this. Think I'll go ahead and make revised charts.

Message Index

Replies:

Melee damage chartHypnotoad 2/6/05 10:07 p.m.
     Whats the dif between flag and flag massive? *NM* *NM*Sgt. Chicken 2/6/05 10:20 p.m.
           Re: Whats the dif between flag and flag massive?Calvin Chaos 2/6/05 10:24 p.m.
           Re: Whats the dif between flag and flag massive?Hypnotoad 2/6/05 10:25 p.m.
                 Re: Whats the dif between flag and flag massive?Pico 2/7/05 12:35 a.m.
                       Re: Whats the dif between flag and flag massive?Hypnotoad 2/7/05 12:42 a.m.
                             Re: Whats the dif between flag and flag massive?Pico 2/7/05 12:56 a.m.
                             Re: Whats the dif between flag and flag massive?Cancersaurus 2/7/05 3:31 p.m.
                                   Re: Whats the dif between flag and flag massive?Hypnotoad 2/7/05 3:48 p.m.
     Re: Melee damage chartNickLee808 2/6/05 10:59 p.m.
           Re: Melee damage chartHawaiian Pig 2/6/05 11:21 p.m.
                 Forget that chart! It's wrong!Hypnotoad 2/6/05 11:42 p.m.
                       Re: Forget that chart! It's wrong!706 2/7/05 12:42 a.m.
                       Re: Forget that chart! It's wrong!Joshua Rennert 2/7/05 5:07 a.m.
                       Re: Forget that chart! It's wrong!ICEFIRE 2/7/05 9:52 a.m.
                       Re: Forget that chart! It's wrong!Khaim 2/7/05 11:53 a.m.
                             Why don't you do it yourself, Khaim? *NM* *NM*Neskalug 2/7/05 1:16 p.m.
                                   Not everyone has the time. *NM*Calvin Chaos 2/7/05 1:29 p.m.
                             About the overshieldHypnotoad 2/7/05 3:43 p.m.
                       FeedbackNeskalug 2/7/05 1:19 p.m.
                       Great chart, but you have some wrong data.HBO Chewbacca 2/7/05 1:51 p.m.
                             Re: Great chart, but you have some wrong data.Hypnotoad 2/7/05 2:31 p.m.
                             Re: Great chart, but you have some wrong data.Anonny 2/8/05 8:31 a.m.
                                   Re: Great chart, but you have some wrong data.Hypnotoad 2/8/05 7:26 p.m.
                       Further revised chartsHypnotoad 2/7/05 2:49 p.m.
                             Re: Further revised chartsFezzer 2/8/05 5:57 p.m.
                                   Re: Further revised chartsHypnotoad 2/8/05 7:24 p.m.
     Re: Can i use this?Vimare 2/7/05 2:10 p.m.
           Re: Can i use this?Hypnotoad 2/7/05 2:54 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.