Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

my story, longg....
Posted By: omegabullitDate: 11/15/03 9:48 p.m.

In Response To: Ah, fond memories *long* (Toby Dillman)

wow, u guys have cool stories, but now u'll hear omegabullit's story, so far the first "former !" ps2 fanboy. ok, begin:

About 4 months before the ps2 came out (i was 12), I had finally gotten my $300 for my ps2. Being a long time psx fan, I was so stoked. Grant Turismo (2000 at the time) was gonna my favorite game of all time. I knew it. Well, 8 (yes 8) months later, i revieced my Ps2 from the local KB being charged $380 with tax (grr...) for it. I go home, get my Ridge Racer (5 i think) that i rented, load it up, playing in aww for 5 minutes and it freezes. Well, that was my first ps2. I have since gotten a new one that works good. I was a fanboy from then on.

Cut to last year, beginning of last year (9th grade, im now 14). Walk into my first day of high school. 3rd period Algebra 1, cool (i liek math). I get in, and the only person i know if a russian kid im kinda frineds with at (at the time). so i go and sit down next to him. After a little chatter, he pulls out an OXM and starts reading some Halo stuff. Now, me being the PS2 fanboy was liek "wh7 d0 u l13k that xb0x cr4p". Well, he was liek "Because Halo is the friggin greastest game in the world" . "Oh" (He could, and still can kick my ass, so I agreed). Well come christmas that year, I get an xbox from my dad. But not Halo, but I would but it soon. I get two s-controllers. new years eve last year, I get my first chance to play Halo, extremely skeptical. It was Dave (the russian kid, who is now my best friend, and practically my brother) second Halo lan party. So there were quite a few of us there. So we hook up xboxes ( i did all the networking, he told me to bring some extra network cable so i did). We go to turn all 4 tv's steroes, xboxs and router on, and it all turns off. We blew a fuse (:-D). Anyway, we get it all worked out and Halo starts up. I was impressed, by far the coolest interface i have ever seen, and the system link screen is technologly adavance, specially for a console, but set up so perfect. Character select screen, uhm i dunno (scrolling through the about 50 names, lmao ) Hmmm, southpaw, that sounds kewl (little did I know...) So we start playin, and I had played time splitters once before, and i thought david said the controls were the same, hmmm, sticks feel different, oh well. So i play the team slayer blood gulch multiplayer game, and i was sucked in completely . Before that i thought DDR was the greatest game ever (which I can say, is one of the things I'm extremely good at). After playing Halo for the first time, emotions switched completely. So we start another game, and at the character select screen, David sees me pic the "Southpaw" fellow again.
"Oh don't pick that, its the southpaw char"
"Obviosuly, i can read his name dumbass"
"No u ass, southaw is a control setting, the sticks are switched. Here pic this one"
"alright"
So he gives me a default char that inverted. He ruined thar game for me
" I can't play liek this. Im makin my own character with that Southpaw thing."
So for a while I played Southpaw, 3sensitivty, not inverted of course. My name was stevenj, cause my name is Stephan (Stef-in, not steven), and my website is Stephanj.com, and everyone calls me steve, so it was cool. Couple changes from then. I have since changed my name to OmegaBullit (it sounds to damn cool :-D). One day when we were playing, I had to make a char on a friend's xbox. Southpaw, not inverted, 3 sensitivty...
"Dude u play 3 sens? Thats WAYYY to low"
"Fine, I'll play this"
Bein the smartass I am, I made it ten. That game went a lil bad to say the least. But i was determined. So i kept it, and got really good with it. I feel everything is way to slow.
I also have fond memories of the first time I beat the game. On Easy, it took me a weekend. Normal, about 4 hours. Heoric, uhm, I finished it last weekend. I started legendary, and I'm stuck on this one part, in T&R when u get on the ship (:-D). Well I come into to school on that Monday, and ask my other best friend, Joe, and I'm liek, im such a noob, i got stuck on the 3rd level on legendary. he goes
"lemme guess, gettin onto the ship was bitch, and now its imposibble. U have been introduced to the hardest part in halo, aside from playin me 1 on 1" Ohhh, i was so mad. The Maw was so easy on legendary. and the 3rd lvl is insane.
So in a wrap up, Im the only of my friends who plays southpaw (only person I kno who plays it actually, cept for that kid at the party who played legacy southpaw (eeeek), and the only one who plays 10 sens. I am the best at the Campaign, b/c I have come to halo.bungie.org and learned all the kewlest tricks in any game. ever. david moved to texas over the summer, but b4 he moved me, joe, dave, and his brother dan (a kid who is one yr younger than us, has no life, shwoers liek once a month, lieked by no one cept me and joe, that is a friggin halo (and all FPS control games) prodigy; hey, god isnt that mean, he has to give u sumthin") played 2 on 2 system link games till the wee hours of continous weeks (yes we would stay at dave's house for weeks on end, eating, and playing halo.) I have also gotten halo PC, which I am extremely mad at, b/c my xbox gamepad USB drivers dont work. i ahte using the mouse and keyboard. ESPCIALLY for a game that was MADE to be played with a controller. I dont know how some of you people liek that better. I have also since switched to playing with a Duke controller, the S is to damn small, lol. I think thats it. Southpaw pride for ever.

Sorry for my bad grammar. 4 years of AIM typing gets to u :-D

Message Index

Replies:

My Halo 2 Anniversary Story. *long* but goodGre'Thor117 11/15/03 1:08 p.m.
     Well, here's mine.Mr. Mechanical 11/15/03 3:24 p.m.
           Okay, sorry for double posting but-Mr. Mechanical 11/15/03 3:45 p.m.
     Re: My Halo 2 Anniversary Story. *long* but goodJono-san 11/15/03 4:01 p.m.
     Ah, fond memories *long*Toby Dillman 11/15/03 8:35 p.m.
           my story, longg....omegabullit 11/15/03 9:48 p.m.
           Re: Ah, fond memories *long*Toby Dillman 11/15/03 10:48 p.m.
                 Hmm...Toby Dillman 11/15/03 11:02 p.m.
                 Re: Ah, fond memories *long*Alexis 11/16/03 7:46 p.m.
                       Re: Ah, fond memoriesKOPD 11/16/03 7:53 p.m.
     Re: My Halo 2 Anniversary Story. *long* but goodDjof 11/15/03 10:08 p.m.
           Re: My Halo 2 Anniversary Story. *long* but goodDan Chosich 11/16/03 4:38 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.