Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

My Halo 2 Anniversary Story. *long* but good
Posted By: Gre'Thor117 <PersianWarrior@Comcast.net>Date: 11/15/03 1:08 p.m.

“Louis Wu”, Webmaster and founder of halo.bungie.org

"If you have your own memories and experience of Halo, I encourage you to visit our forum and share your thoughts with your fellow Halo fans."

Holding up to his word, guys. Not much, I guess, but read it anyways.
Gre'Thor117.

I have to say when I heard Microsoft was getting into the gaming business, my first response was "f*** that, I'm getting a Gamecube!" I know that would have been blasphemy to you all, so don't judge me from who I was two and a half years ago, but from now.

I was addicted to Super Smash Bros., and it's still a great game. When I heard of the next generation consoles, I didn't know how to play a PS2, and I still don't. What really got me was the GameCube with all the oldschool titles like Zelda and Rogue Squadron (which I would school anyone in the Wal-Mart in), and I gave the thought of getting an Xbox with scorn. My friends were getting the next-gen of console games, and I we all tried out all three consoles.

Well, come Christmas, our tennant, got us a console. I have no idea what it was, but I assumed it was a GameCube right off the bat. When I ripped the wrapping away, for a split second my heart fell. It was an Xbox. But immediately remembering how much it was priced back then, I cleaned up my act and thanked him. This reation took about a second, so my reputation in front of him was saved and I didn't look like an ungrateful jerk.

Mr. Bob, our tenant, pressed on an dasked to hook it up. I went in and did so, and the first game I put in was Halo. I was thinking: "Well, might as well see what this game has to offer." I have a ritual to not skip through any cutsceens at all, and I watched the opening scene with awe. Drool was literally coming out of one side of my mouth. I played through the fistt level dying an insane number of times (while the difficulty was on easy). I watched the MC escape to Halo, and that scene stuck to me. I didn't catch what the marine said in it, and the longest time I thought he said "Oh my God! Hit the deck!" when it was really "The Autumn, she's been hit!" I played through the second level and then the Sniping Spree Level( Truth and Reconciliation), and gave it a rest. We had one controller at the time, and my mother took my little brother to the store to buy a second and Project Gothem Racing.

God, I will never forget that weird feeling of plunging head first into a war I was not fighting, and that sense of vertigo. It took me three days to complete the game on easy, and the second night I ran into the Flood. I screamed like a girl and jumped back. Well, I beat 343 Guilty Spark after getting turned arouned in there for about an hour, to say to the very least.

The next day, one of my friends came over to spend the night, and he and his little brother spent turns swapping controllers as we all died. We then came up to the Maw. It took us six times until we finally beat the warthog run and see the ending cutsceen. We had our moment of congratulations and then we explored the multiplayer aspect of the game. Immediately we went and got two more controllers, now numbering to four. We had a hell of a game. I schooled them, and my skills have been left unchecked by any other opponent. Then my sniper loving friend finally but the balance of power between me and himself, and the other two players finally thought that we would only go for each other. That is, until I made a secret pact with him that we will snipe together and rack up kills, and once we both get to 49, we will only go for each other, leading up to insane sniping battles across Blood Gulch. Yeah, some times one of the other two guys would smeak up and score a whack in the back, but we beat them in the real world to leave us alone. I camped out usually at Red base and the back hill. He usually got the Blue base.

On the eve of the school term starting last year, I got around to Bungie.net and from there directed to Halo.Bungie.Org. I was interested in the audio files, but then I explored the fan fiction and wallpaper. I got hooked immediately on the Fall of Lunar 4, and started writing Halo stories of my own. Had I started being a Forum Regular back then, I would have about a year and a half under my belt by now.

Last December I saw the Halo movies, and that made me explore Halo even more. Finally, come this passed August, I finally ventured into the Forum, yet my first post was on June 16th(I misunderstood the "Your Name" and I put in my Real Name instead). I have to say on the whole my time here has been a good one, and I am looking forward to Halo 2.

Though I haven't been exposed to Halo since it's release date, I think of today as my anniversary. I remember counting off eagerly the days for Xbox LIVE.

That's my story, people.
Gian Maleki
AKA Gre'Thor117.

My pride and Joy: Spear of Tyr

Message Index

Replies:

My Halo 2 Anniversary Story. *long* but goodGre'Thor117 11/15/03 1:08 p.m.
     Well, here's mine.Mr. Mechanical 11/15/03 3:24 p.m.
           Okay, sorry for double posting but-Mr. Mechanical 11/15/03 3:45 p.m.
     Re: My Halo 2 Anniversary Story. *long* but goodJono-san 11/15/03 4:01 p.m.
     Ah, fond memories *long*Toby Dillman 11/15/03 8:35 p.m.
           my story, longg....omegabullit 11/15/03 9:48 p.m.
           Re: Ah, fond memories *long*Toby Dillman 11/15/03 10:48 p.m.
                 Hmm...Toby Dillman 11/15/03 11:02 p.m.
                 Re: Ah, fond memories *long*Alexis 11/16/03 7:46 p.m.
                       Re: Ah, fond memoriesKOPD 11/16/03 7:53 p.m.
     Re: My Halo 2 Anniversary Story. *long* but goodDjof 11/15/03 10:08 p.m.
           Re: My Halo 2 Anniversary Story. *long* but goodDan Chosich 11/16/03 4:38 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.