Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I guess I'll just have to hope for the best
Posted By: Jason Kulas/The Seeker <jatak@bigfoot.com>Date: 10/22/99 3:39 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Best G3 upgrade for Halo? (Matt Soell)

How disappointing. But I have little choice but to hope for the best. I can't justify spending lots of $ just to get more computer gaming life. I won't be buying a new system for at least another 12 months. Meanwhile I have a limited-time opp NOW as someone is offering to get me a G3 upgrade as a gift. So all I can do is take my best shot & hope that it gives me a new lease on gaming life that I'd already planned to lose. Who knows when I'll be able to afford a new system...other than a PlayStation 2 :P I wouldn't even be buying this G3 upgrade for myself but since the opp is there, I'm hoping for the best in terms of what it could do for me.

>Speaking from personal experience garnered over the last five years, I wouldn't recommend any of them. Simply because a number of them seem to have problems when being pushed to the limit by demanding apps like 3D games.

Since apps with fewer high-speed processing reqmts don't seem to have problems with upgrades I'd have to guess problems arise when the games don't like having slower system/RAM/etc buses. I can't imagine it's the board itself or the backside cache itself, but rather its incongruity with the rest of the system.

Message Index

Replies:

Best G3 upgrade for Halo?Jason Kulas/The Seeker 10/22/99 1:46 p.m.
     Re: Best G3 upgrade for Halo?Matt Soell 10/22/99 3:01 p.m.
           I guess I'll just have to hope for the bestJason Kulas/The Seeker 10/22/99 3:39 p.m.
                 Free Macaddict advertisingForensic 10/22/99 4:07 p.m.
                       Re: Free Macaddict advertisingJason Kulas/The Seeker 10/22/99 8:40 p.m.
           Re: Best G3 upgrade for Halo?SonicStorm 10/22/99 6:35 p.m.
                 No System Requirement Questions PleaseNathan 10/23/99 6:43 a.m.
                       Re: No System Requirement Questions Pleasesteve campbell 10/23/99 6:09 p.m.
           Re: Best G3 upgrade for Halo?Cyril 10/22/99 7:02 p.m.
           Stability of G3 upgrades...interesting info!The Seeker 10/23/99 5:39 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.