/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

What's ... going ... on ... ?
Posted By: JesterDate: 3/29/02 7:21 p.m.

Alright, first Fileball announces that they are charging for access and that compilation CD's might be sold in the future. I respectfully disagree with their descision and send an e-mail to Fb Staff (which was received on a b.org computer) explaining why I have removed my files. In response, I get an e-mail that says there will be no compilation CD and that my account has been deleted "per my request" (?!?!).

Friday morning, the announcement concerning charging and compilation CD's is gone. Instead, news items had been posted on each of the subsites of Fb that the server will be down starting Monday for an unknown period of time. (On the Lh'owon Ar'kives, the Battle Cat follows up with "Will Work For Fun Have SPNKR, will travel.")

NOW, all messages pertaining to charging, servers going down, etc. are gone! The Mill contains a message from FrigidMan saying "Better download files now while you can, because some of the more immature file posters are deleting their files for no good reasons other than to be lame. "

The Battle Cat's news post is still on the Lh'owon Ar'kives and the e-mail I received from Fb staff contained the line "We have different plans for the service" ... so at least I know I'm not going crazy.

But is someone in the know willing to share the Tru7h?

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What's ... going ... on ... ?Jester 3/29/02 7:21 p.m.
     Re: What's ... going ... on ... ?Tycho 3/29/02 7:33 p.m.
           Thank you ...Jester 3/29/02 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: Thank you ...Johannes Gunnar 3/30/02 3:27 a.m.
                       RE Evihcra question:Ernie 3/30/02 8:05 a.m.
                             Re: RE Evihcra question:Grasshopper 3/30/02 10:30 a.m.
                                   Re: RE Evihcra question:Boomer 3/30/02 10:55 a.m.
                                         Re: RE Evihcra question:Rincewind MoG 3/30/02 11:23 a.m.
                                               in nomani patrus, i filia, i spiritus sancti, amenErnie 3/30/02 3:35 p.m.
                                   Re: RE Evihcra question:Mark Levin 3/30/02 12:01 p.m.
                                         Re: RE Evihcra question:Grasshopper 3/30/02 3:45 p.m.
                                               Re: RE Evihcra question:Mark Levin 3/30/02 6:15 p.m.
                                                     Re: RE Evihcra question:Grasshopper 3/30/02 7:15 p.m.
                                               Re: RE Evihcra question:Claude Errera 4/2/02 6:07 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.