/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RE Evihcra question:
Posted By: Mark LevinDate: 3/30/02 12:01 p.m.

In Response To: Re: RE Evihcra question: (Grasshopper)

: Rather than approaching this from a fundraising perspective (if we don't
: start getting donations, the site WILL shut down), we were faced with a
: fait accompli, a done deal.

I believe FM said that he had already tried this and gotten basically zero response.

Incidentally, while I agree that it was bad for FM not to give advance warning of this, I'm going to have to side with him on the cutting-off-access issue. The users are saying, effectively, "If you won't give me free hosting, I'm taking my toys and going home", which has far less weight than FM trying to get some money to keep the site alive at all. FM was just being consistent by sealing off the site and charging for all access. ("was" because with all the changes I'm not sure what his policy is at this moment).

I actually have some content up there (Marathon stuff), and I don't care. As long as he's not explicitly charging for my work itself (he's not), or claiming any sort of ownership on it.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What's ... going ... on ... ?Jester 3/29/02 7:21 p.m.
     Re: What's ... going ... on ... ?Tycho 3/29/02 7:33 p.m.
           Thank you ...Jester 3/29/02 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: Thank you ...Johannes Gunnar 3/30/02 3:27 a.m.
                       RE Evihcra question:Ernie 3/30/02 8:05 a.m.
                             Re: RE Evihcra question:Grasshopper 3/30/02 10:30 a.m.
                                   Re: RE Evihcra question:Boomer 3/30/02 10:55 a.m.
                                         Re: RE Evihcra question:Rincewind MoG 3/30/02 11:23 a.m.
                                               in nomani patrus, i filia, i spiritus sancti, amenErnie 3/30/02 3:35 p.m.
                                   Re: RE Evihcra question:Mark Levin 3/30/02 12:01 p.m.
                                         Re: RE Evihcra question:Grasshopper 3/30/02 3:45 p.m.
                                               Re: RE Evihcra question:Mark Levin 3/30/02 6:15 p.m.
                                                     Re: RE Evihcra question:Grasshopper 3/30/02 7:15 p.m.
                                               Re: RE Evihcra question:Claude Errera 4/2/02 6:07 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.