/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Volunteers: Acme Station
Posted By: GrasshopperDate: 11/16/01 6:23 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Volunteers: Acme Station (Sidoh)

: One thing about this level that always puzzled me. Why can the flame-cyborg
: use his flamethrower and we cant?

Presumably for the same reasons that the Trooper can use his AR and we can't. Pfhor seem to have better technology with regards to vacuum-enabled weaponry.

I agree completely that this is one of the more stunning levels in the series. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to built it.

One of the things that makes this level so dang difficult on TC is the accelerated depletion of oxygen. Because of the close quarters, the shotguns are very useful, and when used against Pfhor fighters that are nicely bunched up in a tight corridor, can lead to some spectacular "two-for-the-price-of-one" kills.

From a playing perspective, this, along with IIHARL, gets the prize for my most deaths in the series. I've restarted those levels more often that I care to recall, trying to find the right approach AS, or hoping I would simply get lucky and not die IIHARL.

The first time I played through MI, I actually got to a point where I did NOT have enough oxygen from my saved game to finish the level, so I ended up having to restart the whole game.

-gh

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteers: Acme StationMark Levin 11/15/01 7:00 p.m.
     Re: Volunteers: Acme StationSidoh 11/16/01 5:19 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Acme StationGrasshopper 11/16/01 6:23 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Acme StationSerious Sam(CoV) 11/16/01 1:38 p.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Acme StationGrasshopper 11/16/01 3:14 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteers: Acme StationSerious Sam(CoV) 11/18/01 3:33 a.m.
                             Re: Volunteers: Acme StationSerious Sam(CoV) 11/18/01 3:33 a.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Acme StationAsmodeus 12/10/01 10:25 a.m.
     Re: Volunteers: Acme StationZudo 11/17/01 12:54 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Acme Stationgr 11/20/01 10:40 p.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Acme StationAhruman 11/21/01 8:45 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Acme StationSNoblitt 11/21/01 6:20 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Acme StationBen Potter 11/21/01 8:42 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.