/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an Underpaid
Posted By: Agent CletusDate: 6/28/02 8:33 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an Underpaid (Steve Levinson)

I don't know if this helps any, but I remember that the crescent was the on the crown of the so-called Horned Goddess, who appears frequently in all sorts of ancient religions, especially those originating from Babylon (I may be wrong in my facts here). I think that was Ishtar, but she was really important as the wife/girlfriend of Baal, or whatever his name is.

Perhaps it has to do with some hero-myth literature? The Kill Your Televison term may or may not have anything to do with the game, because I remember that it was actually part of Jason Jones' email signature or something. In spite of that, Marathon is purely Joe Campbell hero stuff, and there MUST be a godess figure in the game SOMEWHERE!!! Why not the spaceships, which almost all have crescents and moons for their "logos".

In haste,

Cletus

"My...name..is not...Mr. Anderson. My...name...is BoB!!!"

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an Underpaid...Steve Levinson 5/28/02 3:04 p.m.
     Honk if You're an Underpaid... ArchitectureTru7h 5/28/02 4:34 p.m.
           Re: Honk if You're an Underpaid... ArchitectureSteve Levinson 5/28/02 6:57 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an UnderpaidSteve Levinson 5/29/02 7:42 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an UnderpaidC Lund 5/31/02 2:57 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an UnderpaidSteve Levinson 6/28/02 11:43 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an UnderpaidAgent Cletus 6/28/02 8:33 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an UnderpaidSean 9/19/02 6:48 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.