/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Honk if You're an Underpaid... Architecture
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 5/28/02 6:57 p.m.

In Response To: Honk if You're an Underpaid... Architecture (Tru7h)

: prety basic stuff, Compared to m2 these levels are HUGE.

Although Rubicon doesn't introduce many new tricks, it does make good use of a lot of the ones that we have found in a number of 3rd party scenarios. I'm trying to remember where I've seen the flooding through an open door trick, however, but I can easily understand how it might be programmed in Forge. What I think distinguishes Rubicon is the professional appearance - everything fits together perfectly - I can't recall coming across even one significant bug, mismatched texture or other anomaly. These guys could have been *paid* for their work - it's that good. Not that Evil and Tempus Irae aren't as professional in their own way. If there is anything that one might find at fault with Rubicon, it's in the team's extrapolation of the Marathon story beyond the trilogy, but that would be an issue with *any* 3rd party M4 effort. We'll get more into that issue as the volunteers' series progresses.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an Underpaid...Steve Levinson 5/28/02 3:04 p.m.
     Honk if You're an Underpaid... ArchitectureTru7h 5/28/02 4:34 p.m.
           Re: Honk if You're an Underpaid... ArchitectureSteve Levinson 5/28/02 6:57 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an UnderpaidSteve Levinson 5/29/02 7:42 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an UnderpaidC Lund 5/31/02 2:57 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an UnderpaidSteve Levinson 6/28/02 11:43 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an UnderpaidAgent Cletus 6/28/02 8:33 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers-Honk if You're an UnderpaidSean 9/19/02 6:48 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.