/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Jjarro wacked theory
Posted By: Agent CletusDate: 6/14/02 6:13 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Jjarro wacked theory (Vid Boi)

: Heh... It actually sounds possible...even probable! And it would indeed
: explain a whole bunch of things... But it would twist things up - for
: example, it would mean that the Pfhor technology originally was developed
: by us (humans, not the player): Most of the Pfhor's technology was
: plundered from sites abandoned by the Jjaro.

Ya, but American Indians plundered English colonist tech like muskets and rifles and used it against them. No surprise.

: I will now extend your interesting theory: Tycho didn't have to be lying
: about the disappearance of the Jjaro - if they were humans that travelled
: back through time, maybe they simply decided to go back to whenever they
: were from?

Ya, I agree. Alternate universe maybe? But that gives some interesting god-like qualities to the Jjaro. Which is cool when you see how weak they are in the trilogy -- Durandal (made with Jjaro tech???) has to save the butts of Blake and company. Else they'd be "plasma on Tau Ceti" as Big D says.

: We all know what humans are like, if we suddenly developed time traveling
: technology, we would no doubt immediately travel back in time to act as
: some sort of universe overlords, helping people (because they knew
: everything that was going to happen) and bragging with amazing technology.
: But why did they eventually return?

Perhaps this is why the player is always feeling deja vu about certain momentious events, like the boarding of the marathon by the phfor? Say that the player went on for hundreds/millions/billions of years, or maybe no time at all, but he was actually in a "time loop" and really had been those place before, just slightly different circumstances? The closing screen of Infinity says something about "countless hopeless battles fought and won" or something like that. I've heard people say that refers to pattern buffers, ;) but that really doesn't sound right to me. Real life may have time travel (eventually), but not saved game files. ;)

: Right now, I am trying to find some clever link between the Jjaro being
: humans and Durandal calling the Pfhor, but I can't think of anything. I
: have to watch "Prisoner" now.

Because the Jjaro told him to do it? Why do you think there might be a link?

Good thoughts, VidBoi!

Super Secret Agent/Lurker/Time HQ High Command Cletus

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Jjarro wacked theoryAgent Cletus 6/13/02 4:47 p.m.
     Re: Jjarro wacked theoryAgent Cletus 6/13/02 5:22 p.m.
     Re: Jjarro wacked theoryVid Boi 6/13/02 5:45 p.m.
           Re: Jjarro wacked theoryAgent Cletus 6/14/02 6:13 a.m.
                 Re: Jjarro wacked theoryAgent Cletus 6/14/02 6:14 a.m.
                       *gasp!*Vid Boi 6/14/02 7:06 a.m.
                             HEY! U! PEEPS! POZT ON THIS THRED!!! *NM*Agent Cletus 6/14/02 7:12 a.m.
           Re: Jjarro wacked theoryPedrof 6/14/02 7:21 a.m.
                 Re: Jjarro wacked theoryAgent Cletus 6/14/02 7:32 a.m.
                       Re: Jjarro wacked theoryMazilurik 6/14/02 8:24 a.m.
                             Re: Jjarro wacked theoryVid Boi 6/14/02 2:59 p.m.
                                   Re: Jjarro wacked theory[Tycho?] 6/14/02 3:59 p.m.
                                         Re: Jjarro wacked theoryVid Boi 6/14/02 4:33 p.m.
                                   Re: Jjarro wacked theoryForrest of B.org 6/15/02 2:19 a.m.
                                   Re: Jjarro wacked theoryAgent Cletus 6/15/02 7:18 a.m.
                                         Re: Jjarro wacked theoryVid Boi 6/15/02 10:08 a.m.
                                               Re: Jjarro wacked theoryAgent Cletus 6/15/02 10:36 a.m.
                                                     we already know that *NM*Tru7h 6/15/02 10:37 a.m.
                                                           Ya, but maybe somebody didn't? ;) *NM*Agent Cletus 6/16/02 7:58 a.m.
                                               Re: Jjarro wacked theoryDon Pistola 6/19/02 1:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: Jjarro wacked theoryVid Boi 6/19/02 6:41 p.m.
                             Re: Jjarro wacked theoryJared Cash 11/2/02 9:00 p.m.
                                   Re: Jjarro wacked theory:: Beer Can :: 11/3/02 9:13 a.m.
                                         Re: Jjarro wacked theoryarchon 11/3/02 2:04 p.m.
     I like your ideasNeutronBomb 6/18/02 8:27 p.m.
           Re: I like your ideasShade 6/26/02 2:28 a.m.
                 Re: I like your ideasHydroconcil87 6/27/02 1:26 p.m.
                       Re: I like your ideasAndrew Nagy 6/27/02 10:10 p.m.
                             Re: I like your ideasHydroconcil87 6/28/02 12:05 a.m.
                                   Re: I like your ideasAndrew Nagy 6/28/02 7:34 p.m.
                                         Re: I like your ideasHydroconcil87 6/29/02 10:22 a.m.
                                               Re: I like your momAndrew Nagy 6/29/02 9:21 p.m.
                                                     Re: I like your momHydroconcil87 7/3/02 11:05 p.m.
                             Re: I like your ideas *spoilers!*Vid Boi 11/3/02 4:19 a.m.
                                   Re: I like your ideas *spoilers!*Tru7h 11/3/02 6:27 a.m.
                                         A bit of help?James B. 11/3/02 8:55 a.m.
                                               Re: A bit of help?Scifiteki 11/3/02 11:54 a.m.
                                                     Re: A bit of help?Mazilurik 11/3/02 12:54 p.m.
                 Re: I like your ideasAgent Cletus 6/27/02 4:01 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.