/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers Idea
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 12/3/01 6:58 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers Idea (Darksbane)

: Oh, I understand completely the reasons for vidmaster tactics. I don't think
: this would really be much related to vidmastery at all, except perhaps
: that vidmasters would be the ones with the best skills to see ;-)

Not necessarily. There is no doubt that vidding is a skill in and of itself, but people who vid are often much less interested in things such as the story and exploration - things that most of us, I think, would want to see. I consider myself a decent player and I can successfully vid at least some levels on TC - but I just don't have the patience to spend an hour taking down a hulk, or going through 99% of a level only to get blown away and to have to start over. I do love exploration, however, and seem to be adept at finding secrets. To me, the story elements are critical to game play. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to take anything like this on. My Rubicon Secrets Guide will have to suffice as my contribution to the Marathon community for now. I'm sure that there are other Marathon addicts out there, though, who aren't vidmasters but who possess the necessary skills for a project like this. I think that what you really want to see is someone who is adept at gameplay expose all that each level has to offer.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers IdeaDarksbane 11/30/01 3:11 p.m.
     Re: Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers Ideaarchon 11/30/01 7:12 p.m.
           Re: Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers IdeaSNoblitt 12/1/01 6:02 a.m.
     Re: Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers IdeaBen Potter 12/1/01 3:04 p.m.
           Re: Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers IdeaDarksbane 12/2/01 3:19 p.m.
                 Re: Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers IdeaSteve Levinson 12/2/01 4:27 p.m.
                 Re: Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers IdeaMazilurik 12/2/01 4:37 p.m.
                       Re: Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers IdeaDarksbane 12/3/01 5:38 p.m.
                             Re: Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers IdeaSteve Levinson 12/3/01 6:58 p.m.
     Re: Possibly Crazy Addition to Volunteers IdeaSidoh 12/3/01 9:58 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.