/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and Alien/Cat Insuran
Posted By: MazilurikDate: 11/27/01 4:05 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Carnage and Neo-Surrealism (David Curry)

: Sorry, I fed the pills to the neighbor's cat (which was really an alien being
: intent on destroying the universe and soiling my lawn and spreading fur
: and other such nefarious alien-bent-on-destroying-the-universe-like
: actions). It turned into a boiling puddle of purple acidic goo and tried
: to sell me life insurance.

Personally, I would have preferred the cat intent on destroying the universe as opposed to an insurance salesman, who are all actually aliens intent on destroying the universe by driving everyone to insanity; they work with the people who do ads for loan companies.

: As for the men in white, just get some dark-suited men with some gum. I got a
: cool knife from one of them, only to me, I would describe it as a
: broadsword, something from the Knights of the Round.

Wouldn't the men in white coats think I look a little suspicious carrying a broadsword around, though? They've already been threatening to switch to Phase 2 for a couple of weeks now, and something like that might make them go ahead and do it. (Of course, Phase 2 is exactly the same thing as Phase 1, but it just takes them one step closer to Phase 3, which is also the exact same thing as Phases 1 and 2, so I don't know why I even bother worrying about such matters.)

: Besides, what happened to me (at least as far as the Volunteers: Hang Brain
: post is concerned) actually happened (and I would have taken a screenshot
: of it, were it not for the fact that my computer was frozen).

Oh well, it's probably a good thing that Marathon Infinity only crashed once during five years of use; I personally have been using Aleph One, and am far more used to such things...

: I might actually someday sit down and type up
: my long and convulted theories regarding that Thoth-esque terminal series
: from Mi. Or maybe I'll feed some more pills to the neighbor's cat.

Why not do both? The first would be very interesting, and the second would be highly entertaining, although I'm not sure I'd like to get that close to a slimy insurance salesman (yes, I know that's redundant...)

: It just did a good impersonation of Hamish (how many of you have heard
: a cat say Cheers" like that before? I mean they've said
: "Cheers" before, but not like Hamish.

Definitely an unparalleled accomplishment; any cat that can simulate the voice of a Perl script is sure to be considered for a Nobel Prize, though what it will do with the prize money I have no ide. Maybe it will set up a research institute for the study of Marathon Infinity, where people go to get drunk and yell at random until someone guesses what the game actually means. They'll probably figure it out faster than anyone who's played the game.

: So I gave it a copy of that beta Marathon's Story t-shirt.
: It was a few sizes too big, but with beta t-shirts made of
: rock, alien-goo-esque-formerly-cat-boiling-purple-acidic puddles
: can't be picky.).

Well done; now if only every insurance salesman in the world could be placed under a massive rock, I would be satisfied. (Yes, I was attacked by insurance salesmen at a young age.)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

OMG! OMG!archon 11/24/01 7:13 p.m.
     archon...step into my office...Yossarian 11/24/01 9:52 p.m.
           Re: archon...step into my office...Johannes Gunnar 11/25/01 12:52 a.m.
                 Re: archon...step into my office...REB 11/25/01 6:52 a.m.
                       REB...step into my office...Johannes Gunnar 11/25/01 11:37 a.m.
                             Re: REB...step into my office...Tynskel 11/25/01 1:33 p.m.
                                   All right, youRincewind MoG 11/25/01 4:14 p.m.
                                         Re: All right, youMazilurik 11/25/01 4:29 p.m.
                                               Re: All right, youJohannes Gunnar 11/25/01 9:33 p.m.
                                         Re: All right, youmartin antell 11/26/01 2:01 a.m.
                                               Re: All right, youTru7h 11/26/01 8:41 a.m.
                                                     Re: All right, youDavid Curry 11/26/01 3:18 p.m.
                                                           Re: Carnage and Neo-SurrealismMazilurik 11/26/01 5:16 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Carnage and Neo-SurrealismDavid Curry 11/26/01 7:24 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and Alien/Cat InsuranMazilurik 11/27/01 4:05 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and Alien/Cat InsuranDavid Curry 11/27/01 12:40 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and Alien/Cat InsuranTru7h 11/28/01 5:04 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and Alien/Cat InsuranDavid Curry 11/28/01 7:51 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and INSANITY!!!Mazilurik 11/29/01 12:37 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and INSANITY!!!Tru7h 12/2/01 3:52 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and INSANITY!!!David Curry 12/4/01 10:32 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and Alien/Cat InsuranJohannes Gunnar 11/28/01 9:39 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and Alien/Cat InsuranDavid Curry 11/29/01 9:37 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and Alien/Cat InsuranJohannes Gunnar 11/29/01 12:14 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Carnage, Neo-Surrealism, and IcelandicMazilurik 11/29/01 12:22 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.