/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Jjaro theories
Posted By: Tru7h SeekerDate: 5/14/01 4:57 p.m.

In Response To: Jjaro theories (Locucious)

: I came to a very interesting conclusion myself with that. In Aye Mak Sicur,
: after the player has fused with the Jjaro, we get the translation of yrro
: as farcast. (You know, questionable translations are put in parentheses by
: the marine's HUD) These translations are generally just a little off, and
: I think "farcast" could actually mean "outcast." If
: the presence of the Jjaro helped the player's suit translate
: "yrro," then that could mean the Jjaro see Yrro as an outcast.
: Perhaps Yrro and K'lia ventured to Lh'owon and created the S'pht because
: they were outcast, or even banished by the rest of the Jjaro.
Interesting theory, however I'd like to piont out that Yrro could just be a s'phtified version of Jjaro, remeber with the exeption of the introduction to PID all referances to Jjaro or Yrro have either come through our auto translator or through durandel who we assume is responsable for us even having an auto translator, the translator seems to do one of two things when it come upon a difficult word to translate it either spells it out phoneticaly or displayes the closest thing that it can come up with. This teory accualy has some good backing if you look at the contexts in which the term yrro is used, being mostly mythic histories. It is still my stong belife that yrro was either a personification of a larg chunk of the jjaro or the entire race(although the splitting of the s'pht into clans could have been an emulation of jjaro sociaty at that time which isn't to far out there)

other than that I think that the jjaro whould have the technology to become AI's but why whould they want to, I still think they still have some sort of physical form, even if its considerably less substancial than our own.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Narr and the JjaroTru7h Seeker 5/13/01 8:05 a.m.
     Re: The Narr and the JjaroRincewind MoG 5/13/01 8:37 a.m.
     Re: The Narr and the JjaroForrest of B.org 5/13/01 9:14 a.m.
           I don't believe the Jjaro are AIsBoots of Stumbling (cursed) 5/13/01 10:22 a.m.
                 Everyones entitled to an opinion ;-)Doctordude 5/13/01 10:54 a.m.
                       Re: Everyones entitled to an opinion ;-)Forrest of B.org 5/14/01 10:15 a.m.
                             Debating the Jjaro = AI theoryBoots of Stumbling (cursed) 5/14/01 1:49 p.m.
                             Jjaro theoriesLocucious 5/14/01 1:58 p.m.
                                   Re: Jjaro theoriesTru7h Seeker 5/14/01 4:57 p.m.
           Re: The Narr and the JjaroLocucious 5/13/01 3:53 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.