/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Debating the Jjaro = AI theory
Posted By: Boots of Stumbling (cursed)Date: 5/14/01 1:49 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Everyones entitled to an opinion ;-) (Forrest of B.org)

No offense, but I think your theory does not stand up, because Durandal uses the word "race" when referring to the Jjaro. If the Jjaro were AIs, then he would not use that word, because the definition for "race" does not apply to non-biological entities— at least not very well. Durandal wouldn't want to mislead you, so his choice of words *should* represent what he wants to tell you, and there's no evidence to suggest that he is lying to you.

Furthermore, the "yrro(farcast) pattern" could just as easily be a high-tech keycard involving DNA as it could be an AI processing algorithm. In other words, it's too vague to make a solid arguement about. Personally, I think that chip is only called that to make it sound cool (which it does), and is not intended to suggest anything for the story.

Besides, if the Jjaro were AIs, wouldn't Durandal have just told you? Or at least you'd get better hints from the story?

On the other hand, your theory was entertaining, and I do not want to discourage you from fabricating explainations for the unexplained. I will gladly debate them if I disagree. :'D

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Narr and the JjaroTru7h Seeker 5/13/01 8:05 a.m.
     Re: The Narr and the JjaroRincewind MoG 5/13/01 8:37 a.m.
     Re: The Narr and the JjaroForrest of B.org 5/13/01 9:14 a.m.
           I don't believe the Jjaro are AIsBoots of Stumbling (cursed) 5/13/01 10:22 a.m.
                 Everyones entitled to an opinion ;-)Doctordude 5/13/01 10:54 a.m.
                       Re: Everyones entitled to an opinion ;-)Forrest of B.org 5/14/01 10:15 a.m.
                             Debating the Jjaro = AI theoryBoots of Stumbling (cursed) 5/14/01 1:49 p.m.
                             Jjaro theoriesLocucious 5/14/01 1:58 p.m.
                                   Re: Jjaro theoriesTru7h Seeker 5/14/01 4:57 p.m.
           Re: The Narr and the JjaroLocucious 5/13/01 3:53 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.