/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Jjaro theories
Posted By: LocuciousDate: 5/14/01 1:58 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Everyones entitled to an opinion ;-) (Forrest of B.org)

: Actually, I came to that conclusion from an entirely different method: the
: fact that there is a chip called the "yrro(farcast) pattern",
: and that implanting it into the Jjaro station causes a terminal from Yrro
: to become active. Well, that and a lot of other things. My whole theory is
: the latest edition to the Jjaro section.

I came to a very interesting conclusion myself with that. In Aye Mak Sicur, after the player has fused with the Jjaro, we get the translation of yrro as farcast. (You know, questionable translations are put in parentheses by the marine's HUD) These translations are generally just a little off, and I think "farcast" could actually mean "outcast." If the presence of the Jjaro helped the player's suit translate "yrro," then that could mean the Jjaro see Yrro as an outcast. Perhaps Yrro and K'lia ventured to Lh'owon and created the S'pht because they were outcast, or even banished by the rest of the Jjaro.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Narr and the JjaroTru7h Seeker 5/13/01 8:05 a.m.
     Re: The Narr and the JjaroRincewind MoG 5/13/01 8:37 a.m.
     Re: The Narr and the JjaroForrest of B.org 5/13/01 9:14 a.m.
           I don't believe the Jjaro are AIsBoots of Stumbling (cursed) 5/13/01 10:22 a.m.
                 Everyones entitled to an opinion ;-)Doctordude 5/13/01 10:54 a.m.
                       Re: Everyones entitled to an opinion ;-)Forrest of B.org 5/14/01 10:15 a.m.
                             Debating the Jjaro = AI theoryBoots of Stumbling (cursed) 5/14/01 1:49 p.m.
                             Jjaro theoriesLocucious 5/14/01 1:58 p.m.
                                   Re: Jjaro theoriesTru7h Seeker 5/14/01 4:57 p.m.
           Re: The Narr and the JjaroLocucious 5/13/01 3:53 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.