/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Jjaro Terminals in non-dream levels?
Posted By: ErnieDate: 7/29/02 12:10 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Jjaro Terminals in non-dream levels? (Scifiteki)

Thanks for the reply.
Whenever I mention 'Marathon Canon', I do mean storyline, and plot element, as well as Visual appearance. In terminals that contain information that don't have the Jjaro actually speaking with the player (be it an AI, or the Jjaro themselves) the formatting of the terminal I was curous about. (I will look into how Toth speaks for how to write them tho, thanks).

I was thinking a terminal similar to the S'pht's information terminals. A jumble of silvery-white symbols, with brachetted sections, specifying what part of the information text is being 'translated' and displayed.

Perhapse I should use the S'pht symbols, only slightly modified... On the story pages Jjaro section, it lists posts where people speculated that the S'pht, being a creation of the Jjaro, would share a similar language.

If we humand created a new form of life, you would want to speak with it easily, right?

Well, I'll probably start on those terminals tomorrow.
I have the idea of giving some information, (relying upon my own thoughts and the Jjaro section of the Story page that I've read,) on the Jjaro's "Rise of the Spiritual Machine".

Oh what the future holds...

-Ernie

: Hmmm... You seem overly concerned with this 'Marathon Canon' thingy. I think
: so long as your scenario is good, and doesn't blatantly disagree with
: anything Bungie ever wrote, then it's fine. But, it's an interesting idea,
: so I'll ramble about it anyway. :)

: My idea of a non-dream Jjaro term, (ie One that isn't really the Jjaro
: talking to you) Would sort of be a fragmentary, poetic thingy. After all,
: the Jjaro seem to have been gone from the immediate universe for quite a
: while, and I doubt their data would survive the rigours of space
: completely intact. From my perspective, I would also have a little look at
: how Thoth speaks to the player to see what a Jjaro would sound like when
: it's not being completely ambiguous. :)

: Well, that's my two cents. Feel free to completely disagree with me, after
: all, it's just specualtion, and we want Ernie's scenario to be
: interesting, don't we? ;)

: Service With A Smile:),
: Scifiteki

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Jjaro Terminals in non-dream levels?Ernie 7/28/02 10:25 a.m.
     Re: Jjaro Terminals in non-dream levels?Scifiteki 7/28/02 4:50 p.m.
           Re: Jjaro Terminals in non-dream levels?Ernie 7/29/02 12:10 a.m.
                 Re: Jjaro Terminals in non-dream levels?Steve Levinson 7/29/02 1:08 a.m.
                       Re: Jjaro Terminals in non-dream levels?Ernie 7/29/02 4:32 p.m.
                             Re: Jjaro Terminals in non-dream levels?Steve Levinson 7/29/02 5:42 p.m.
                             Re: Jjaro Terminals - one more thoughtSteve Levinson 7/29/02 9:26 p.m.
                                   Very interesting stuff Steve...Ernie 7/30/02 2:31 p.m.
                                         Re: Very interesting stuff Steve...Steve Levinson 7/30/02 3:23 p.m.
                                               Re: Very interesting stuff Steve...Mark Levin 7/30/02 8:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: Very interesting stuff Steve...Steve Levinson 7/30/02 8:32 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.