/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A *Real* Challenge
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/25/02 8:17 a.m.

In Response To: Re: A *Real* Challenge (goran)

: is that possible? I thought a film could just replay one level.
: However if it is possible I gotta do it.

I've always had bad luck recording films in Marathon, but it is possible. The original Marathon demo had a bug in which the action continued, but the level didn't change, which led to rather strange results, but all versions since then do allow the player to switch levels and continue recording. I don't know if there is a limit in the size of recording, however, and this may be a limiting factor. Also, I would advise against making a recording using AO, as the behavior can change from one version to the next, rendering a film recorded with an old version useless. The reason that the size of the recording files is so incredibly small is that only your actions are recorded along with the state of the game, necessary to insure identical occurances of random events. Anything that alters the response of the game to your actions will wreck the film.

Perhaps as a first project, you could try recording a film of the entire Chimera Plank - this should be doable, and it is much shorter than playing a full game.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

play rubicon fast..goran 7/19/02 1:37 p.m.
     Re: play rubicon fast..Steve Levinson 7/22/02 8:23 a.m.
           Re: play rubicon fast..goran 7/22/02 1:53 p.m.
                 A *Real* ChallengeSteve Levinson 7/22/02 3:09 p.m.
                       Re: A *Real* ChallengeBen A. Potter 7/22/02 7:55 p.m.
                             Re: A *Real* ChallengeSteve Levinson 7/22/02 9:35 p.m.
                                   Re: A *Real* ChallengeBen A. Potter 7/23/02 10:52 a.m.
                                   Re: A *Real* Challengegoran 7/23/02 12:26 p.m.
                                         Re: A *Real* ChallengeInverted Sock Puppet 7/24/02 12:35 a.m.
                                         Re: A *Real* ChallengeSteve Levinson 7/25/02 8:17 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.