/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: play rubicon fast..
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/22/02 8:23 a.m.

In Response To: play rubicon fast.. (goran)

: Would you be surprised if I sad that I finished it in one hour and 30
: minutes? (it is possible,I’ve done it.)

Goran, do you mean the Salinger Plank or the Pfhor Plank, or both. Was this on TC, Max or Normal (or Kindergarten)? This makes a particularly big difference. When you say 1:30, do you mean continuously, or level-by-level (command-alt-begin). That also makes a BIG difference, as you can recover from a horrible level by starting from scratch on the next.

:The funniest one so far is "molten dehydrogen monoxide" where you
: can looker jump to reach a missile launcher and then missile jump to
: skip a big part of the level.

I mention that technique in my Rubicon Secrets Guide. I have to give Sidoh credit for that one, though. Perhaps you can write a Rubicon Done Quick guide for us all, after you finish the Yota Saga.

BTW - I'd like to see your numbers for what I call a “Rubimax” pathway, which provides the maximum number of levels in a single game (without looping). If you're going for speed, that means that you have to shut down the Chimera's reactor, since you don't want to wait 15 minutes for it to explode, which means that you'll miss 3 levels in the Pfhor plank. You then have a choice - you can get back on the teleporters in Gators of NY, do the Pfhor Plank through The Ascension Factor, then flip back to the Salinger Plank for the rest of the game, saving humanity in the end, or you do the reverse, leaving humanity to the mercy of the Dangi Corp. The choice is yours.

: Oh I love this style of play. You feel more proffessional.

Agreed, but you also miss the fun of exploration - this style as you say is best left until you have fully mastered each level and know them in-and-out - otherwise you just miss too much.

: vid movies is okay but you have to wait all to long to understand how a level works.

And they're B O R R I N G (Sorry Sidoh).

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

play rubicon fast..goran 7/19/02 1:37 p.m.
     Re: play rubicon fast..Steve Levinson 7/22/02 8:23 a.m.
           Re: play rubicon fast..goran 7/22/02 1:53 p.m.
                 A *Real* ChallengeSteve Levinson 7/22/02 3:09 p.m.
                       Re: A *Real* ChallengeBen A. Potter 7/22/02 7:55 p.m.
                             Re: A *Real* ChallengeSteve Levinson 7/22/02 9:35 p.m.
                                   Re: A *Real* ChallengeBen A. Potter 7/23/02 10:52 a.m.
                                   Re: A *Real* Challengegoran 7/23/02 12:26 p.m.
                                         Re: A *Real* ChallengeInverted Sock Puppet 7/24/02 12:35 a.m.
                                         Re: A *Real* ChallengeSteve Levinson 7/25/02 8:17 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.