/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

So all in all...
Posted By: ErnieDate: 6/21/02 11:51 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - Graphics (Mark Levin)

: Ummm... let's see...

: I think the fact that the symbol is present on the door does indeed show that
: the logo precedes Durandal's presence. I would hazard a guess that the
: logo even precedes Thoth, since the station would have been built before
: the W'rk was trapped in Lhowon's sun.

: Looking at it that way, it seems the derivation is the other way around
: (Thoth's logo from the Jjaro logo).

: As for Pthia? I believe that Pthia was another Jjaro (did we ever establish
: if they are individuals or a collective? I only recall guesses, by myself
: as much as anyone ("guesses" in that they weren't based on
: in-game evidence)). If Yrro had a name, it could have been lost in the
: journey from event to myth.

So all in all... it wouldn't appear mproper use of Marathon Cannon to use the conjoined rectangle Jjaro symbol in my scenerio?

Speaking of the time meaning nothing to the Jjaro, I just though I should mention that the movie 'Minority Report' that I saw 1h ago was awesome. They delt very well with the concept of time paradoxes. That and the whole movie was all around awesome. : D

One last question regarding the symbol use...
I noticed that in M:Infinity, Toth uses the white conjoined rectangle Jjaro symbol with white text, and alternating bold and plain text.
In M:Rubicon, the Jjaro use the white conjoined rectangle symbol with gray (ok, 'a dark off white') color text. I can't remember if they make extensive use of alternating bold and plain text in Rubicon as well.

Anyone know if I'm right here? I'm trying to emulate the Jjaro style properly when I'm tounching up this scenerios terminals.

Regards,
Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Jjaro Question...Ernie 6/20/02 11:16 p.m.
     Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - GraphicsSteve Levinson 6/21/02 9:17 p.m.
           Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - GraphicsMark Levin 6/21/02 10:54 p.m.
                 So all in all...Ernie 6/21/02 11:51 p.m.
                       Re: So all in all...Steve Levinson 6/22/02 9:05 a.m.
                 Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - Graphicszudo 6/22/02 4:20 p.m.
                       Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - Graphics:: Beer Can :: 6/22/02 5:37 p.m.
                       Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - GraphicsMark Levin 6/22/02 5:39 p.m.
                             Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - Graphicszudo 6/23/02 3:39 a.m.
                                   Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - GraphicsMark Levin 6/23/02 10:52 a.m.
                                         Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - Graphicszudo 6/23/02 11:33 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.