/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - Graphics
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 6/21/02 9:17 p.m.

In Response To: Jjaro Question... (Ernie)

: I should probably know this, but: What was the MAIN difference
: between the two types of Jjaro terminals in marathon infinity?
: There were those that used the conjoined Circles insignia, and
: were all in green. The main, non login pic for these style of Jjaro (?)
: terminals were lava-lamp headed aliens, or so they appeared, only
: run through many many Photoshop filters. ; )

I like your description of the login pic ;-)

: Wasn't Toths(i think that was its name) using the conjoined white
: rectangle insignia?

: If so, in rubicon, the Rubicon team has taken Toths symbol, that of
: an Jjaro (or S'pht, i am really confused...) A.I , and used it as the
: Main symbol of the Jjaro(Yarro).

Ernie, you've hit on a topic that I was planning to bring up as part of the Rubicon Volunteers series. Yes, Thoth's symbol was the one with conjoined rectangles, which was also used to represent the Jjaro, I think. As I recall, the conjoined circles symbol resulted from the merger of Durandal and Thoth - which begs the question, how could the Jjaro station have used this symbol on their doors before the merger took place? Were the Jjaro prescient, or is time really irrelevant to them. The symbolism was the subject of a fair bit of discussion in the original volunteers series. I don't recall all of the details, and I have no idea about Pthia in all of this. Mark Levin probably has an answer for all of this.

In any case, in the case of Rubicon, the fact that the Jjaro are back to using the conjoined rectangles suggests to me that either I am correct in my supposition that Durandal and Thoth have gone their separate ways (divorced?), or Rubicon takes place in a different time line. I'm sure that Scott or Chris would have something to say about that.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Jjaro Question...Ernie 6/20/02 11:16 p.m.
     Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - GraphicsSteve Levinson 6/21/02 9:17 p.m.
           Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - GraphicsMark Levin 6/21/02 10:54 p.m.
                 So all in all...Ernie 6/21/02 11:51 p.m.
                       Re: So all in all...Steve Levinson 6/22/02 9:05 a.m.
                 Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - Graphicszudo 6/22/02 4:20 p.m.
                       Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - Graphics:: Beer Can :: 6/22/02 5:37 p.m.
                       Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - GraphicsMark Levin 6/22/02 5:39 p.m.
                             Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - Graphicszudo 6/23/02 3:39 a.m.
                                   Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - GraphicsMark Levin 6/23/02 10:52 a.m.
                                         Re: Jjaro Question/Rubicon Volunteers - Graphicszudo 6/23/02 11:33 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.