/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Simon Dupuis: Thanks for giving me stolen art!
Posted By: RyokoTKDate: 8/1/07 10:41 a.m.

When I was working on my scenario, The Gray Incident, I asked Simon for some help in the graphics department. I don't have much experience in this regard, and seeing as Portal of Sigma looked pretty cool, I figured he could help me out.

In the end, he ended up contributing:
- The textures and landscapes
- The weapon graphics
- The title music

Over the course of the last couple months I found out that he didn't actually have a hand in any of that. The music came from Marathon: Resurrection, the weapon graphics came from Apotheosis (which Simon claimed to have had a big hand in, but apparently did very little, including no artwork), and the textures came from several sources, none of which include his own computer.

So yeah. TGI is largely composed of stolen artwork. (The contributions made by Ori -- terminal art, chapter screen art, and title screen are indeed originally his.)

It's great to know that! Thanks a lot, Simon, because now I look like a Grade-A Asshole.

Please take my contributions out of Portal of Sigma. I don't want to be a part of your work any longer.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Simon Dupuis: Thanks for giving me stolen art!RyokoTK 8/1/07 10:41 a.m.
     !!! *NM*ukimalefu 8/1/07 1:05 p.m.
     Love is all around *NM*D-M.A. 8/1/07 1:14 p.m.
           Re: Love is all aroundFullDiaper 8/1/07 2:03 p.m.
                 Re: Love is all aroundRyokoTK 8/1/07 2:17 p.m.
                       By the wayRyokoTK 8/1/07 2:19 p.m.
                       Re: Love is all aroundTycho 8/1/07 3:52 p.m.
                             Re: Love is all aroundRyokoTK 8/1/07 5:11 p.m.
                                   Re: Love is all aroundTycho 8/1/07 6:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Love is all aroundRyokoTK 8/1/07 6:13 p.m.
                                               Re: Love is all aroundTycho 8/1/07 6:25 p.m.
                                                     Re: Love is all aroundRyokoTK 8/1/07 6:37 p.m.
                                                           nobody thinks you're a jerk, ryokoBobwithkeycard 8/2/07 2:41 a.m.
                       Re: Love is all aroundD-M.A. 8/2/07 12:25 a.m.
                             Re: Love is all aroundFullDiaper 8/2/07 3:38 a.m.
                                   The aftermathRyokoTK 8/2/07 9:18 a.m.
                                         Re: The aftermathpatrick 8/2/07 1:03 p.m.
                                               Re: The aftermathKyjel 8/2/07 4:36 p.m.
                                                     Re: The aftermathRyokoTK 8/2/07 4:39 p.m.
                                               Re: The aftermathRyokoTK 8/2/07 4:45 p.m.
                             Re: Love is all aroundtreellama 8/2/07 3:58 a.m.
                                   Re: Love is all aroundD-M.A. 8/2/07 4:17 a.m.
                                         Re: Love is all aroundJohannes Gunnar 8/2/07 5:29 a.m.
                                         Re: Love is all aroundtreellama 8/2/07 6:52 a.m.
                                               Re: Love is all aroundD-M.A. 8/2/07 10:10 a.m.
                                               Re: Love is all aroundKyjel 8/2/07 4:38 p.m.
                                         Re: Love is all aroundRyokoTK 8/2/07 9:09 a.m.
                             Re: Love is all aroundKyjel 8/2/07 7:50 a.m.
                             Re: Love is all aroundRyokoTK 8/2/07 9:13 a.m.
                 :/ *NM*Johannes Gunnar 8/1/07 2:32 p.m.
                 Re: Love is all aroundTodd Proctor 8/1/07 4:34 p.m.
     Re: Simon Dupuis: Thanks for giving me stolen art!Document 8/1/07 3:58 p.m.
           Re: Simon Dupuis: Thanks for giving me stolen art!RyokoTK 8/1/07 5:13 p.m.
                 I've made some textures, who wants to use them?ukimalefu 8/1/07 6:46 p.m.
                       Re: I've made some textures, who wants to use themRyokoTK 8/1/07 7:02 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.