/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: But Wait! That's Not All!.
Posted By: VikingBoyBillyDate: 11/4/23 4:56 a.m.

In Response To: But Wait! That's Not All!. (Lion O Cyborg)

The problem with the idea of a nightdive remaster is... we already have Aleph One. It's the same reason there's no NightDive Doom 2 or HeXen - because GZDoom exists. Then again, EDuke32 didn't stop them from adding Made To Order to justify a blood remaster.

My real feelings on the matter is... I'd rather Marathon be left alone by AAA and even AA studios because it's doing fine with community scenarios keeping it going thanks to the aleph one engine.

Marathon Resurrection was an interesting take on what a remaster or revival could look like... granted you have to have your 2001 nostalgia goggles on and be impressed by Unreal-engine graphics (well, actually, the original unreal looks higher quality and still impresses me, but I can't be an arse and blame fan artists for not making graphics as good as Epic Games).

Games like Dusk and Ion Fury and a bevy of other indie FPS show us that executing the best of both modern and classic game tech can be done. But like, Halo already feels like the natural successor to Marathon, in the way Marathon is a follow-up to PID. Do it wrong with a mediocre and haphazard execution, and you get something like 2011 Duke Nukem Forever.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tis a sad day...Lion O Cyborg 11/1/23 11:14 a.m.
     Re: Tis a sad day...VikingBoyBilly 11/1/23 12:19 p.m.
           Re: Tis a sad day...Lion O Cyborg 11/1/23 12:29 p.m.
                 My friend who works at Bungie was sparedVikingBoyBilly 11/4/23 11:42 a.m.
                       Re: My friend who works at Bungie was sparedLion O Cyborg 11/4/23 11:47 a.m.
     But Wait! That's Not All!.Lion O Cyborg 11/1/23 1:22 p.m.
           Re: But Wait! That's Not All!.VikingBoyBilly 11/4/23 4:56 a.m.
                 No Doom 2 remaster? Yeah, about that...Lion O Cyborg 11/4/23 7:55 a.m.
           Lol the video is privateVikingBoyBilly 11/4/23 4:58 a.m.
                 Re: Lol the video is privateLion O Cyborg 11/4/23 7:56 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.