/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

But Wait! That's Not All!.
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 11/1/23 1:22 p.m.

In Response To: Tis a sad day... (Lion O Cyborg)

No sooner had I posted the above than I found this little gem:

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1719783329174544698

Watch from 8:30.

Some of the juciest quotes from the two twitter threads linked above (one of the threads being Dave Oshry's QRT):

"Well duh. Nobody wanted marathon to turn into a fucking extraction shooter. We wanted marathon to get the Doom treatment. Bring what we knew to modern era and give some sweet coop action to boot and bring back the pvp bungie is known for from halo days."

"Dam.(sic) It's almost like just slapping on a big name like marathon whilst removing all it identity, doesn't make a game good"

"No shit man, maybe Bungie ought to entertain the idea of making an actual Marathon game instead of a trend chasing thingie. Just a thought.*insert pic of surprised pikachu face with a wavy underwater effect*"

"Why would it kill them to just make...a Marathon game instead of flavor-of-the-month streamer bait.

Going back to Marathon always felt like such a cool natural direction for the studio to take but nah gotta pump them Destiny whales and make an extraction shooter instead..."

"Good. Whatever that game was, it wasn't Marathon. I'd prefer it be released under a different name, but failing that I'd prefer it not be released at all and not disgrace the good name of the original Marathon series."

"They had one job with this game. ONE JOB.

What did they do?

Another damn extraction shooter."

"Gee maybe don't bring back your 30-year-old Doom-style game as an extraction shooter when damn near that whole genre is already dying out."

"It sure seems to be a trend for fairly big studios to make these monkey paw wish games nobody asked for, using IPs the fans are desperate to see more of, ignoring all feedback that it's a bad idea, then booting their employees when those games don't turn out to be a sales winner."

"yeah, turning it from a classic FPS with a goddamn good lore into extraction GaaS whatever was ceartainly the best idea ever"*Sarcasm*

I don’t know when suits started making all their executive decisions but it clearly didn’t stop with MS or AV."

"I don't understand why they resurrected Marathon for this. They should have had Nightdive do a remake of the OG trilogy."

"Oh no, looks like bungie’s gonna have to scrap it and make a single player Marathon (please please please)"

"Maybe they should have I don't know

Made it single player"

"It's almost like the interesting thing about Marathon was how unique it was and it's plot. I'm glad service games are dying off it just sucks people are losing their jobs because companies keep chasing the infinite money goose."

"My interest in the game died the instant I learned it was an Extraction Shooter, and then died even more when I saw the art style

I wanted Marathon, not what ever that thing is"

"Told em it shoulda been a story focused singleplayer game... they were *good* at that!"

"I just want a single player Marathon story. Then again, maybe these people are exactly the wrong kind of people to be touching their own IP." I've been saying that about Marathon Survive since day 1!

"Bungie should sell the IP to a company that actually gives a fuck about the older games and the franchise in general. Imagine a Marathon remaster and new games with New Blood and Night Dive at the helm." Another one? Birds of a feather I guess...

"It's so damn disappointing watching my favorite childhood series of shooters become something so unrecognizable.

How did they think they could turn a game that makes you feel so isolated into fucking extraction shooter of all things??"

"It's because they should have just made a Marathon boomer shooter reboot instead of this trash."

"Daaaaamn. Should’ve been a DOOM style reboot……. Just saying………."

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tis a sad day...Lion O Cyborg 11/1/23 11:14 a.m.
     Re: Tis a sad day...VikingBoyBilly 11/1/23 12:19 p.m.
           Re: Tis a sad day...Lion O Cyborg 11/1/23 12:29 p.m.
                 My friend who works at Bungie was sparedVikingBoyBilly 11/4/23 11:42 a.m.
                       Re: My friend who works at Bungie was sparedLion O Cyborg 11/4/23 11:47 a.m.
     But Wait! That's Not All!.Lion O Cyborg 11/1/23 1:22 p.m.
           Re: But Wait! That's Not All!.VikingBoyBilly 11/4/23 4:56 a.m.
                 No Doom 2 remaster? Yeah, about that...Lion O Cyborg 11/4/23 7:55 a.m.
           Lol the video is privateVikingBoyBilly 11/4/23 4:58 a.m.
                 Re: Lol the video is privateLion O Cyborg 11/4/23 7:56 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.