/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODE
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 12/6/20 3:21 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODE (VikingBoyBilly)

: I spent so long fumbling around like an idiot trying to find where to go in
: this map, and that's after dealing with things with copious usage of the
: Wave Motion Cannon. Even though there's no 5D space or multiple stories or
: any overlapping polygons at all, there's so many intricately woven
: polygons it makes the map nigh useless.

: I never knew Sonic the Hedgehog could sound so uncool from his country of
: origin. Why does it always feel like Sega just doesn't get it?

I actually think Sonic sounds much better when voiced by Junichi Kanemaru, especially as he puts more emotion into his lines coupled with better voice direction. E.g. when Elise, dies in the Egg Carrier 3 crash, he sounds genuinely horrified. Jason Griffeth is his best English one however, though Jason's technically a runner up as Junichi is bilingual: he teaches English as a side job between acting gigs which is why Sonic uses Engrish a lot. It's a shame they never had Junichi voice him in English has well as Japanese or English, his accent rocks.

To be fair on Sega's part, 2006 did at least have heart put into it despite the big fumbles it made, (not unlike Tomb Raider AOD) and World Adventure/Unleashed is often thought to be the last Modern Sonic game in the franchise where Sega did get it.

Unfun fact as a side note: the majority of the Sonic's crisis city, flame core & Kingdom Valley screenshots I used were from the fixed fan PC remake, Sonic P-06 (demo 3.5) which could be seen by non fans of 06 as "sonic '06 but good". This was because the fan remake does the game more justice despite only being demos. So far, it's only Sonic's levels so I had to make do with the original game (or rather, the Legacy of Solaris mod) for other characters & End of the World. I highly recommend P-06, as even if you aren't a fan of the game it's based on it's worth a look.

: It looks like Hathor has a Wave Motion Cannon for a hand. Yikes! I guess it
: had to be cut since you killed her circuits in Deep In The Grotto. At
: least we got Morrigan in BiaBD 2: Morgana's Revenge.

I thought she was just holding it but I like your idea better. :)

: I almost wanted to make a cover with those lyrics over infinity's title
: music, but I see it exists already. And it sounds familiar. Lemme guess:
: Sonic '06?

Yep, it's the skippable 2006 reference of the three last ones I mentioned, though the paragraph breaks I included to separate it from the main text are not as strong as I thought they'd be: it still looks too narrow.

However, a version of the Infinity theme song with Dreams of An Absolution's lyrics dubbed over it would be awesome as a fan mashup. I've wanted such a thing to exist since 2012 but I never thought others would feel the same.

Waking Up from the end of Chapter 4 Stage 3 is from Shadow the Hedgehog, which I like better than 2006 simply due to it being a finished game.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/6/20 7:11 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEForrest of B.org 12/6/20 11:51 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/6/20 1:53 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 2:41 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/6/20 3:21 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 4:58 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEForrest of B.org 12/6/20 6:53 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEAaron Freed 12/9/20 11:48 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/10/20 5:26 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/10/20 1:40 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEForrest of B.org 12/10/20 4:36 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/10/20 1:42 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/11/20 8:32 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.