/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODE
Posted By: VikingBoyBillyDate: 12/6/20 4:58 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODE (Lion O Cyborg)

: I actually think Sonic sounds much better when voiced by Junichi Kanemaru,
: especially as he puts more emotion into his lines coupled with better
: voice direction. E.g. when Elise, dies in the Egg Carrier 3 crash, he
: sounds genuinely horrified. Jason Griffeth is his best English one
: however, though Jason's technically a runner up as Junichi is bilingual:
: he teaches English as a side job between acting gigs which is why Sonic
: uses Engrish a lot. It's a shame they never had Junichi voice him in
: English has well as Japanese or English, his accent rocks.

I liked the grunt I heard from Knuckles. Dan Green's voice is fitting for him, but I want a voice that's uniquely knuckles, not one that makes me think of YuGiOh every time I hear him. The English dub in the OVA and Sonic Underground were terrible knuckles voices.

: To be fair on Sega's part, 2006 did at least have heart put into it despite
: the big fumbles it made, (not unlike Tomb Raider AOD) and World
: Adventure/Unleashed is often thought to be the last Modern Sonic game in
: the franchise where Sega did get it.

I say it's one where I blame the producers and not the developers. This problem has only been getting worse with time, and everyone thought I had a weird initial reaction to pokémon going 3D in gen 6 and OK-ing a mobile app using GPS technology. Only now with the rushed money-grubbing of Generation 8 is everyone else starting to understand what I could see coming years ahead of time. The Pokémon Company and SEGA might as well be another EA and Activision at this point. They follow the same anti-consumer Profit > All business philosophy.

You might have gathered that I'm an oldfart. Like, I was alive before Bungie even started making PID. So for me, the last time they 'got it' was Adventure 1, and that's being generous because the humans were off-putting to me; but the last time they 'Absolutely Nailed It' was Sonic 3 & knuckles. Even back then Sonic Team had to fight against Sega's money grubbing deadlines and lost that battle, but they thought of a genius way to compensate by making the lock-on to give us the complete Sonic 3, Sega's greed and pushing to force the latest technology onto everything for the market be damned.

And finally, for me, Sonic Adventure 2 was when SEGA no longer 'got it' and it jumped the shark, and I gave up on it at that point. The biggest positive highlight is the Chao garden, which might as well be its own game. That's like putting a prototype for Pokémon in Mario 64. So much potential that they just left in SA2 and never looked back. I mean, have you seen this? This is some impressive procedural generation for its time, because if you turn off the restraints tying stats to balance with each other, you can make some crazy looking monsters. It's almost but spore, but a little more interesting because it's more like actual evolution with all the minute subtle changes over time based on stats rather than just handing you a sandbox and all the parts to slap on. Seriously, if pokémon is all about the diverse number of creatures, then this is about one creature with limitless possibilities.

: Unfun fact as a side note: the majority of the Sonic's crisis city, flame
: core & Kingdom Valley screenshots I used were from the fixed fan PC
: remake, Sonic P-06 (demo 3.5) which could be seen by non fans of 06 as
: "sonic '06 but good". This was because the fan remake does the
: game more justice despite only being demos. So far, it's only Sonic's
: levels so I had to make do with the original game (or rather, the Legacy
: of Solaris mod) for other characters & End of the World. I highly
: recommend P-06, as even if you aren't a fan of the game it's based on it's
: worth a look.

Ok, that's another one on the backlog to check out... err.. when I invent a hyperbolic time chamber (according to spacetime theory, such a room might not be so outlandish and it may be conceivable in reality to make a location where relative spacetime makes you experience a year in 24 hours. Only problem is it requires the particles in the room to move, like, 365x faster without, um.. vaporizing you alive, or to make a treadmill across the Earth's equator that moves west about as fast as the earth rotates (to cancel out the earth moving you East all the time... wait, doing that might work the other way around and make you take a whole year to experience one day, which would actually be useful to reduce our rampant resource consumption).

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/6/20 7:11 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEForrest of B.org 12/6/20 11:51 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/6/20 1:53 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 2:41 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/6/20 3:21 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 4:58 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEForrest of B.org 12/6/20 6:53 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEAaron Freed 12/9/20 11:48 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/10/20 5:26 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/10/20 1:40 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEForrest of B.org 12/10/20 4:36 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/10/20 1:42 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/11/20 8:32 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.