/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODE
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 12/6/20 1:53 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODE (Forrest of B.org)

: If you mean the song lyrics, that's a classic folk song .

: (I'm surprised you've never heard of it. Have you perhaps had too much
: Eternal sunshine on your spotless mind ?)

: I don't know if that was used in Scooby Doo somewhere too?

: And thanks for doing this series. The many references to other media I'm
: completely unfamiliar with did make it harder to follow, but I appreciate
: someone going over my creation in this much detail in any case.

I was very happy to do it. :)

Haven't heard of the film you linked either but it might be worth checking out. But yeah, there was a Scooby Doo episode called "Mine your own business" that involved a Miner 49er going missing and becoming the "monster" of the week. I haven't seen Scooby Doo in years but I thought it might have been something to do with that.

On the subject of Eternal being based on the scrapped Halo alpha, check out my Halo 1 SPV3 Tour of Duty that I started after finishing the original log recordings of the Eternal tour too: https://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=54125

There's still the odd bit that's hard to follow but it's less of a problem than in Eternal. The big ones are when I compare the (third) pilot movie of this old Canadian TV show I love to Halo 1 (having seen said movie after playing all the original Bungie Halo trilogy), plus some minor Sonic Adventure 2 & Shadow the Hedgehog ones, the latter two mostly appearing in Act names.

I included the primer section covering the books chronologically before Halo 1 so as to get people newer to Halo up to speed. I even draw comparisons in the SPV3 writeups proper to the Xbox Halo 1, the PC port VBB covered, the book adaption Halo: The Flood, & Halo CEA in places.

This was usually to point out bugs in the Gearbox PC port & CEA Classic Mode, terminal locations in CEA and reference major plot points in the book, especially the inclusion of Alpha Base in SPV3 and the part where Keyes becomes part of the Proto Gravemind, the latter also covered in the CEA terminals.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/6/20 7:11 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEForrest of B.org 12/6/20 11:51 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/6/20 1:53 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 2:41 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/6/20 3:21 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 4:58 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEForrest of B.org 12/6/20 6:53 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEAaron Freed 12/9/20 11:48 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/10/20 5:26 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/10/20 1:40 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEForrest of B.org 12/10/20 4:36 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODEVikingBoyBilly 12/10/20 1:42 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty LAST EPISODELion O Cyborg 12/11/20 8:32 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.