/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 12/6/20 2:59 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1 (VikingBoyBilly)

: Marathon phoenix took the secret skulls thing from something else?

: That's a lot of stuff. I'll have to replay halo 1 to see those Marathon
: terminals 8)

Important to note that they're only in Halo Anniversary in remastered mode and it's one terminal per level. Plus they have videos instead of text; my SPV3 guide gives away their locations. Some SPV3 text terminals even share the same spot as the CEA video ones, like the first tunnel term in level 2 and the one in the middle of the Cartographer island on the giant plug.

Skulls can be one or two per level but a lot are a pain to get, especially Bandanna in The Silent Cartographer, which was the first time I ever grenade jumped. (this was back in late 2011, early 2012 not long before I first played Marathon) Halo grenade jumping is MUCH harder than in Marathon. Even using Megabyte's jump script to grenade jump using the Halo method in Marathon is easier than in Halo itself.

Halo 2 has some of the worst skull hunting secrets in the entire franchise thanks in part to it being Legendary only. The worst has to be "I Would Have Been Your Daddy", named after a rare Johnson line in Halo 1 that I never heard in my 20 years of playing Halo.

https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/Skull/Halo_2#List_of_Skulls

Halo 2 is the same idea terminal wise, but Halo 3 ODST has an interesting but at times tedious terminal hunt in the New Mombasa Streets adventure field: you find areas whose electronics are going haywire and then use Hyper-Vision mode to reveal glowing machinery like a payphone, medipack station or public computer bank. Interacting with it gives us a powerpoint presentation with some rather goofy artwork at times synced up to System Shock audio logs.

The final one can only be found once you both find 99% of them in Mombasa Streets, then go underground after fully beating said hub level. However, it's not easy to get them all in one playthrough as they're hidden far too well and once you find all the clues to unlock the underground stage, it's a point of no return so you're forced to enter that level without getting the rest if you hadn't already.

Here's a map just in case. Sorry, I couldn't get it to embed:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/e/e9/Audiolog_map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100709220039%22%20height=%22400%22%20width=%22600%22/%3E

Halo 3 uses traditional Marathon terminals and you can have more than 1 per level, but only once you get to The ARK (yes, even on the infamous Cortana stage & the final level after it) and they suck compared to Marathon:

The Halo 3 terminals have different text depending on what difficulty you are playing, which isn't that bad, but what is is the fact they kick you out of reading them if you take too long, play a long alien page scrolling animation and force you to read something completely different, otherwise leaving you alone at that point. You can quit out of them when that happens and keep trying until you read all pages before the "unauthorised access alarm" but it's a mess.

Halo 4's terminals go back to the Halo Anniversary method.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/1/20 8:16 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 7:36 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 7:53 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 8:53 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 9:59 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 1:26 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 2:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 6:30 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/6/20 8:04 a.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 8:34 a.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/6/20 2:59 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.