/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1
Posted By: VikingBoyBillyDate: 12/5/20 8:53 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1 (Lion O Cyborg)

: Forrest told me a while ago it was one. Before then, I sort of assumed it was
: based on the description Leela gave.

: But yeah, it's been a while since I played Eternal but I think the
: invisibility chips only work on Pfhor and bobs, assuming they work at all.
: If you want me to cover the final failure dreams, I can do it if you like.
: I'll out any further iRL baggagy parts of the final two entries as well.
: :)

Alright, sure, go ahead and do those parts. I already finished the scenario a couple nights ago.

I hate to say it didn't feel as much fun to replay as it was the first time around on the pre-makeover version (the ancient hulks wear tunics now! did we forget to mention that?)

It's sorely missing the SPNKR rocket launcher, and the first time I thought I was choosing my own dynamic adventure in a bunch of branching paths, but it turned out to be fake nonlinearity to drive home the determinism. All that, and it gets bloody hard. It's still the best of the best marathon scenarios out there and pushes the engine to its limit (as seen on my crash when there were too many objects on a map). Maybe the magic's just gone. But now I've seen the failure maps that I missed the first time. I hope a replay of Rubicon X and finding all the secret maps is still a blast.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/1/20 8:16 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 7:36 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 7:53 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 8:53 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 9:59 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 1:26 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 2:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 6:30 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/6/20 8:04 a.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 8:34 a.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/6/20 2:59 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.