/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 12/6/20 8:04 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1 (VikingBoyBilly)

: So how much other stuff does the MCC come with? And... they went and messed
: with the difficulties? How could they! Unreal added a "death
: wish" skill after "Unreal" to preserve its antiquity. They
: didn't go and make it soft for the noobs did they?

If you play vanilla Halo 2 on Legendary, you'll wish it was dumbed down for noobs like I was. Not even SPV3 on Legendary compares to vanilla Halo 2, mainly as I haven't beaten the latter without the Rebalanced mod. I think it only rebalances it for Legendary, but I didn't test that since installing the mod. Here's a breakdown of the mod and what it does, plus the updates that came out since then. Beware of spoilers:

As for MCC, it includes every Halo game except Halo 5, plus all the DLC/version exclusive content for each, including the multiplayer components. This includes Halo 3 ODST & Halo Reach.

It's not a complete list but it comes with:

-Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary with some minor fixes to Classic Mode (Classic Mode in CEA is the PC version by Gearbox that you played with the broken graphics and terrible Captain Keyes model. MCC fixes a VERY small portion of the Gearbox port bugs but it's mostly the same)

-Halo 1 Multiplayer Classic with all the PC version exclusive maps, even on Xbox One for the first time. Halo 1 PC exclusive weapons include the Rocket Warthog, Fuel Rod Cannon used by grunts in the latter levels and the TOZT 7 from Marathon, prior to its canon appearance in Halo 3. SPV3 includes all of those but replaces the fuel rod cannon with the hunter "assault cannon" one.

-Halo 2 Anniversary, which cannot be gotten as a standalone game unlike CEA. I know less about the differences if any in classic mode & Halo 2 Vista to the Xbox Classic original game than Halo 1.

-Halo 2's Classic multiplayer with all the Xbox DLC maps, and the Halo 2 Vista exclusive ones.

-Halo 2 Anniversary focused multiplayer that plays like a cross between Halo 2 MP & that of Reach. Suffers from an abysmally small number of maps.

-The two remakes contain terminals and collectible skulls (severe extra difficulty mutators and/or Easter eggs), so be on the lookout for the ones in Halo 2A if you decide to play that version.(I covered the CEA ones in the SPV3 Tour of Duty when I got to their respective locations)

Halo 2's original game introduced skulls so they will appear in classic mode in Halo 2A, but they only appear on Legendary with only two exceptions. Halo CEA retroactively adds skulls in, so they only appear in Remastered mode like the terminals.

-The Marathon glyphs and other references are mostly censored out in Remastered mode of the remakes as Bungie own the franchise, but they are still there in Classic mode for obvious reasons.

-Halo 3 and its multiplayer with all the DLC maps included (I think)

-Halo 3 ODST & Halo Reach

-Halo Reach's multiplayer also doubles as the Halo CEA Remastered MP due to the 360 version of CEA having the multiplayer run on the Reach engine, with the maps being ported to Reach itself as DLC later. Like Halo 2A, there's nowhere near enough maps.

-Unlike all Bungie Halo games except ODST & Reach, (also the original 360 release of CEA) the skulls can now be switched on or off in the menu from the start and no longer have to actually be found in the levels, though you still can. The remakes also have exclusive skulls which the original Bungie games didn't have.

This includes the Grunt Funeral skull in CEA (originally a pre-order exclusive bonus I was lucky to have in the 360 version), the Bandanna skull (the noob option for Legendary), Piņata, which spawns plasma grenades for you when you melee attack enemies and The Scarab Skull in Halo 2A only, which makes every weapon in the game fire the giant laser cannon from the Covenant's titular combat mechs.

-I didn't check if ODST has its one as well but Reach also has its Firefight mode introduced in ODST, which is the original version of Survival in Marathon 2 XBLA. They're basically a score attack and/or endurance round against the covenant in arenas based on the campaign levels.

-Halo 4 includes every episode of the Spartan Ops mini story MP mode, which is basically firefight but with minor objectives, like the later UT games. On the original 360 game, the Spartan Ops was released episodically over time as free DLC and required a Gold Xbox Live membership to play. The MCC one does not.

-There's a lot of cosmetic fluff you can unlock for your player profile ala Doom Eternal in MCC as well as a video player option that lets you see videos like the terminals and Halo Nightfall if I remember right. This includes terminal 11 in CEA which was originally only available on Halo Waypoint if you solved a cipher puzzle hidden at the end of each in-game terminal.

I still don't think it's a complete list, but it's still a long one.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/1/20 8:16 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 7:36 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 7:53 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 8:53 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 9:59 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 1:26 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 2:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 6:30 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/6/20 8:04 a.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1VikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 8:34 a.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 5 Stage 1Lion O Cyborg 12/6/20 2:59 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.