/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 12/6/20 8:19 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1 (VikingBoyBilly)

: This reads like an
: editor pointing out problems to an author and the author saying "it's
: my book. Deal with it." And fair enough, the author holds the power.
: This kind of back-and-forth isn't anything new and it's a cycle that can
: break Amazon's comment limit.

: For out-of-universe references, I think it's fair to be either established or
: common knowledge before you use them, and they should take up a percentage
: of the writeup that's small enough to not be intrusive. LOC explained that
: Ayakeshi and that other thing are each a kind of malevolent spirit from
: Japan and Sweden respectively, but we already had names for these
: monsters: they're Phantasms and Nightmares. That can get disorienting to
: read, but making up a name for the ancient Civilian s'pht makes sense to
: differentiate them from every other kind of s'pht that's shorter than
: calling them "useless unarmed s'pht thing with no outer shell."

: It was from this forum that I randomly found Ra and that's where I first
: saw the concept of a dyson sphere. Some tangential learning doesn't hurt
: sometimes.

Thank you for being constructive, Billy. :) I'll try to keep your advice in mind for the future posts, especially as the Eternal writeups were written last year and finished around this same time. I've had to do some last minute edits for the final ones, but be warned there's one, final three 06 references in the last episode, the very last of which is separated from the main text by paragraph breaks so it can be safely ignored.

But yeah, Ayakashi & Kamalas was how I saw the PID monsters & their shadow types as a whole, with the official names in PID being that of each of the actual species. The former were the original PID versions of the monsters (named for both the actual mythological spirits and their depiction in Adachitoka's comic books which admittedly is a big stretch) and the Fran Bow ones were the Eternal 1.2 exclusive shadow monster versions.

In hindsight, I guess I wasn't clear at all on the difference, so it came across as me using all the terms interchangably, which really does get confusing.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/1/20 6:32 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1VikingBoyBilly 12/4/20 8:37 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1General-RADIX 12/5/20 12:34 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 7:27 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 7:48 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 7:58 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 8:04 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 8:41 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1General-RADIX 12/5/20 2:18 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 2:32 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1General-RADIX 12/5/20 3:18 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 3:25 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1VikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/6/20 8:19 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1General-RADIX 12/6/20 3:42 p.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/6/20 4:21 p.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1VikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 5:12 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/7/20 2:58 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.