/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1
Posted By: General-RADIXDate: 12/6/20 3:42 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1 (VikingBoyBilly)

: For out-of-universe references, I think it's fair to be either established or
: common knowledge before you use them, and they should take up a percentage
: of the writeup that's small enough to not be intrusive. LOC explained that
: Ayakeshi and that other thing are each a kind of malevolent spirit from
: Japan and Sweden respectively, but we already had names for these
: monsters: they're Phantasms and Nightmares. That can get disorienting to
: read, but making up a name for the ancient Civilian s'pht makes sense to
: differentiate them from every other kind of s'pht that's shorter than
: calling them "useless unarmed s'pht thing with no outer shell."

: It was from this forum that I randomly found Ra and that's where I first
: saw the concept of a dyson sphere. Some tangential learning doesn't hurt
: sometimes.

Dyson spheres are one thing. Frequently shoehorning in other fictional works that have fuck-all to do with the main topic beyond sharing one or two tropes that aren't unique to either work (in the case of Marathon and Sonic 06, not even used the same way) is another.

Lecturing me for not being polite about something that really frustrates me and demanding an apology, all while refusing to extend the basic courtesy of ceasing the constant irrelevant references...do you see why I'm not happy?

There may be "more serious" things to get angry over, but his response demonstrates a complete lack of consideration for others, and that's what I consider the real core of the issue here.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/1/20 6:32 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1VikingBoyBilly 12/4/20 8:37 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1General-RADIX 12/5/20 12:34 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 7:27 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 7:48 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 7:58 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 8:04 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1VikingBoyBilly 12/5/20 8:41 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1General-RADIX 12/5/20 2:18 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 2:32 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1General-RADIX 12/5/20 3:18 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/5/20 3:25 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1VikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/6/20 8:19 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1General-RADIX 12/6/20 3:42 p.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/6/20 4:21 p.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1VikingBoyBilly 12/6/20 5:12 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Lost Episode 3 Part 1Lion O Cyborg 12/7/20 2:58 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.