/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead box
Posted By: Shining RavenDate: 2/5/19 2:53 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead box (W'rkncacnter)

: I don't want to replace negative space with more polygons, because some maps
: already have a ton of polygons (I had to use some extra polygons to
: prevent bouncy walls). Also if every map is just a giant grid of open
: space, performance will be bad.

I think you might be misunderstanding my idea. Since PiD maps are only 32x32 WU, you'd only need four polygons. And these squares would not be connected to the actual level and they'd never be visible from 1st person, you'd only see them on the automap via:

Polygons[foo].visible_on_automap = true

I did this to some MPiD maps to show you what I mean. Here's a Weland view of Ascension:

https://imgur.com/ZI7588K

With sold lines in front of pillars Never Stop Firing looks like this:

https://imgur.com/HnwlNdh

I realise it's probably too late for you to go and change how you did all the pillars, but another solution would be to make the player 1 WU tall, and have the floor that pillars sit on be 0.002 WU high. Then, with elevation lines set to beige, the map looks even better:

https://imgur.com/YOaFGSn

: I'm not going to go through the trouble of doing all that. I guess if someone
: cared enough to make new images, I'd be open to using them instead.

I was thinking A1 would handle displaying the text, so you wouldn't need any new images, but like I said I understand that it's more work than you probably want to do for something that not everyone is going to like.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PID Tour of Duty Chapter 7Lion O Cyborg 1/19/19 3:09 a.m.
     Re: PID Tour of Duty Chapter 7Lion O Cyborg 1/19/19 3:31 a.m.
     Re: PID Tour of Duty Chapter 7General-RADIX 1/19/19 3:43 a.m.
           Re: PID Tour of Duty Chapter 7Lion O Cyborg 1/19/19 3:47 a.m.
     I escaped the pyramid without a lead box *NM*VikingBoyBilly 1/21/19 11:06 a.m.
           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/21/19 11:41 a.m.
                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/21/19 7:07 p.m.
                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/22/19 8:43 a.m.
                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/22/19 9:53 a.m.
                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/22/19 10:47 a.m.
                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/22/19 11:17 a.m.
                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/22/19 11:42 a.m.
                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/22/19 12:31 p.m.
                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/22/19 12:54 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/22/19 1:03 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/22/19 8:13 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/22/19 8:41 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/23/19 6:28 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/23/19 7:17 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/23/19 7:18 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/23/19 7:17 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/23/19 11:48 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/23/19 2:07 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/23/19 2:50 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/23/19 7:29 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/24/19 1:13 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxtreellama 1/24/19 7:58 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Need a light?VikingBoyBilly 1/24/19 4:13 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/23/19 7:40 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/24/19 1:13 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/24/19 8:28 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/25/19 12:30 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/25/19 8:05 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/25/19 1:51 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/25/19 2:29 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 1/27/19 6:02 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/27/19 8:07 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/27/19 9:56 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 1/31/19 5:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/31/19 6:21 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 1/31/19 7:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/31/19 7:36 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/1/19 7:24 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/1/19 10:33 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/1/19 11:05 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/1/19 1:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/1/19 2:34 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/2/19 1:46 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/2/19 2:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/2/19 4:56 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/2/19 5:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/3/19 5:40 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/3/19 6:34 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/3/19 10:00 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/3/19 10:51 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/3/19 3:26 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/3/19 4:19 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/3/19 6:00 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/4/19 1:33 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/4/19 6:07 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/4/19 7:08 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/4/19 2:32 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/4/19 4:15 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxForrest of B.org 2/4/19 6:26 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/4/19 8:15 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 2/5/19 4:11 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/5/19 6:30 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 2/5/19 7:14 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/4/19 10:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/5/19 6:24 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/5/19 2:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/5/19 5:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/5/19 11:38 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/6/19 1:14 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/6/19 6:13 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/6/19 5:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/6/19 8:08 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/7/19 5:56 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/7/19 7:25 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/9/19 5:18 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/6/19 8:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/6/19 8:55 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/6/19 11:15 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/7/19 6:15 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/7/19 6:15 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/7/19 7:30 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/7/19 1:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/10/19 1:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/10/19 2:39 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/10/19 4:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/10/19 4:21 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/10/19 4:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/10/19 5:51 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/4/19 9:22 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/4/19 2:24 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/4/19 8:30 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/5/19 10:03 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/9/19 5:21 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/3/19 11:29 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/3/19 11:37 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/3/19 2:01 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 2/4/19 3:00 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: AO PID differencesAndrew Nagy 1/16/20 9:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: AO PID differencesW'rkncacnter 1/17/20 3:24 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: AO PID differencesAndrew Nagy 1/18/20 4:33 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: AO PID differencesW'rkncacnter 1/18/20 5:14 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 1/31/19 6:48 p.m.
                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 1/22/19 12:10 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.