/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Thoth's Origins and the Jjaro
Posted By: PerseusSpartacusDate: 4/8/12 8:39 p.m.

On the level 'Where the Twist Flops' (Terminal 1: 2nd Message), Thoth says:

"I understand.

Your construct searched for my creators,

wishing to tell them (that their old brothers are now) slaves; waiting to be freed."

There is something interesting about this particular text: The phrase 'Your construct' obviously means Durandal. Thus, when Thoth says 'searched for my creators', we know that his (Thoth's) creators are the S'pht K'r, because those are the only beings that Durandal was searching for.

Further proof that the S'pht K'r created Thoth comes from the next paragraph:

"wishing to tell (that their old brothers are now) slaves; waiting to be freed."

The S'pht K'r's brothers (the other S'pht clans) were slaves.

"So what..." I hear you say. "That doesn't help us with anything." Ah, but it does. I have noticed theories that Thoth is a Jjaro, and that the Jjaro are a race of AIs advanced to the point of metastability. However, we can assume Thoth is not a Jjaro, because his creators are the S'pht K'r, but the Jjaro were the ones who created the S'pht in the first place, not the other way round. It just doesn't make sense to say the S'pht K'r made Thoth and Thoth is a Jjaro but the Jjaro made the S'pht K'r.

Sorry if this post isn't really that good, as it's my first one.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Thoth's Origins and the JjaroPerseusSpartacus 4/8/12 8:39 p.m.
     Re: Thoth's Origins and the JjaroGodot 4/9/12 1:38 a.m.
           Re: Thoth's Origins and the JjaroPerseusSpartacus 4/9/12 9:35 a.m.
                 Re: Thoth's Origins and the JjaroHopper 4/9/12 12:53 p.m.
                       Re: Thoth's Origins and the JjaroPerseusSpartacus 4/9/12 2:23 p.m.
                             Re: Thoth's Origins and the Jjarochiasaur11 4/9/12 3:56 p.m.
                                   The Jjaro/Yrro and PthiaPerseusSpartacus 4/9/12 8:57 p.m.
                                         Re: The Jjaro/Yrro and PthiaBob-B-Q 4/10/12 10:38 a.m.
                                               On the W'rkncacnterPerseusSpartacus 4/10/12 11:36 a.m.
                 Re: Thoth's Origins and the JjaroGodot 4/9/12 10:59 p.m.
                       Re: Thoth's Origins and the JjaroGodot 4/9/12 11:16 p.m.
                 Re: Thoth's Origins and the JjaroPerseusSpartacus 4/10/12 3:09 p.m.
                       Re: Thoth's Origins and the JjaroQuantum 4/12/12 3:20 p.m.
                             Re: Thoth's Origins and the JjaroPerseusSpartacus 4/12/12 10:23 p.m.
                                   Re: Thoth's Origins and the JjaroQuantum 4/13/12 1:08 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.