/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: phor far lam
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 12/28/07 5:52 p.m.

In Response To: Re: phor far lam (Blake37)

: Well, finding the little complex should be easy, it's just having an idea
: what to do once you've got your game saved. I'd put the terminal Just up
: the stairs from the 2x charger, myself.

Ok, I've put another terminal (with the same message as the one by the main gate) next to the 2x charger over on the east side of the map, near where you begin. I've bent that little dead-end passageway where that charger and terminal are a bit, so nobody has a direct line of sight on the terminal, and I've made one poly in there monster-impassible so nobody will follow you into the nook at the end. So, you should safely be able to read that terminal now.

: Yeah, the whole sight and sound of using it is way cool, it's just flaky
: about what it hits and what it doesn't hit.

Yeah, I just can't figure out why. I basically took a SPNKR missile, made it bigger, faster, and more powerful, and changed the graphics and sound. The effect I want is that you fire it into a room and everything in there dies, you fire it down a hall and everything down there dies... something like a cross between EVIL's rail gun and nuke gun, like if the rail gun shot nukes. I think it may not be behaving the way I want because I had to uncheck "persistent and virulent" since that feature is buggy and would end up with contrail effects sticking to monsters who wouldn't die until I got near them.

Any 1337 physics hax0rs want to play with this and see if you can make it suck less?

: the one where you're in the pfhor ship: Very confusing, due to the action
: everywhere, but simple in concept. I liked it better when you didn't know
: that smashing those circuts would flood everything with plasma. It makes
: you think on fast when all of a sudden, your feet are incinerating.

Hmm... other opinions anyone? I had a few people specifically request some forewarning, but I tried to be vague enough about it that, combined with everybody in Marathon terminals always saying "do this now ASAP and then hurry up before shit explodes" when it's not actually that urgent, players would still be surprised when things actually started exploding around them.

: The one where you have to run through the canyon thingy:

"We Met Once In The Garden":

: Very cool, although
: some parts were a bit easy, as the various baddies were fighting each
: other, which made for some cool visuals. I still had the game on normal
: from the grotto level.

Yeah, this level never felt as difficult and epic as I wanted it to... this was supposed to be *the* climactic battle of the game, but it's easier than the previous level, and I'm not really sure why. I tried adding a shit ton of monsters to it but that didn't really help. Any suggestions?

: Where giants have fallen: Wow! This is a great map. The monster balance may
: be a little wacky; I almost died right at the beginning, but than didn't
: get attack for the whole rest of the level. Watching the battles was very
: cool.

I thought I set all the monsters on this level to ignore the player, since the jumping puzzle by itself is pretty tricky and you can still get caught in the crossfire anyway. I should double check that... or should I? Opinions anyone: monsters should attack or no?

: Last level: Pretty pretty. The last terminal seems to hint at a sequel of
: some sort

It's supposed to be such that any and all sequels to Infinity can also function as sequels to Eternal. The events which occurred between the end of Infinity and the prologue of Eternal should not have occurred; so go back and take a different path.

However, I have been toying with the idea of merging my old coop-vidmaster-levels idea with a sort of sequel to Eternal; have Durandal take you to rescue the other eight Battleroids like you and Hathor were originally supposed to, capture a Jjaro Dreadnaught from somewhere (which he of course christens Manus Celer Dei) . . . and eventually topple the Pfhor empire. I haven't really thought it through yet, and I'd only ever do it if I managed to get new weapon and player sprites to make multiplayer possible. But it's a possibility.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

phor far lamBlake37 12/26/07 7:35 p.m.
     Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/26/07 8:34 p.m.
           Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/27/07 4:38 a.m.
                 Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/27/07 12:40 p.m.
                       Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/27/07 1:00 p.m.
                             Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/27/07 3:04 p.m.
                                   Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/27/07 3:29 p.m.
                                         Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/27/07 3:52 p.m.
                                               Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/28/07 1:49 p.m.
                                                     Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/28/07 5:52 p.m.
                                                           Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/28/07 6:26 p.m.
                                                                 Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/29/07 10:01 a.m.
                                                           Re: phor far lampatrick 12/29/07 1:03 a.m.
           Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 6:17 a.m.
                 Re: Wait, didn't fix ittreellama 12/27/07 6:36 a.m.
                       Re: Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 7:01 a.m.
                             Re: Wait, didn't fix ittreellama 12/27/07 7:22 a.m.
                                   Re: Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 7:47 a.m.
                                         Re: Wait, didn't fix itForrest of B.org 12/27/07 12:42 p.m.
                                               Re: Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 12:55 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.