/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: phor far lam
Posted By: Blake37Date: 12/28/07 1:49 p.m.

In Response To: Re: phor far lam (Forrest of B.org)

: You mean inside the complex? But that's where people were getting confused...
: where am I supposed to be going? Why is this door locked? What do I do
: now? (I thought it was straightforward enough myself - just look around
: until you find somewhere to go - but I got a couple requests for an
: explanatory terminal outside the underground complex somewhere).

Well, finding the little complex should be easy, it's just having an idea what to do once you've got your game saved. I'd put the terminal Just up the stairs from the 2x charger, myself.

: Do you like the new graphical effects for its shots?

Yeah, the whole sight and sound of using it is way cool, it's just flaky about what it hits and what it doesn't hit.

: Ahhh... let me know when you do. It's one of my favorite moments in the game.

I suppose you mean when all the pfhor come in? It's very cool, but I didn't see much of it or get very involved in it. It was really easy to run by everyone.

About the last few levels (I finished everything);

the one where you're in the pfhor ship: Very confusing, due to the action everywhere, but simple in concept. I liked it better when you didn't know that smashing those circuts would flood everything with plasma. It makes you think on fast when all of a sudden, your feet are incinerating.

The one where you have to run through the canyon thingy: Very cool, although some parts were a bit easy, as the various baddies were fighting each other, which made for some cool visuals. I still had the game on normal from the grotto level.

Where giants have fallen: Wow! This is a great map. The monster balance may be a little wacky; I almost died right at the beginning, but than didn't get attack for the whole rest of the level. Watching the battles was very cool.

Last level: Pretty pretty. The last terminal seems to hint at a sequel of some sort

It's a great senario, you've really done a great job on just about everything. That being said, I do have a few complaints.

Some of the levels seem really hard, just for the sake of being hard. Part of that is probably the fighters doing far more damage than they were supposed to do. You've got MOAHs everywhere, and what uselly happens is you can either ignore them in the room, or they're the last thing standing, so you have to take a few minutes to kill him, go to the next room, and find two more. You also have lots of enforcers, which are my most hated enemy in all of games. That's probably just me having a personal problem though.

I think a few of the last levels are disproportionately harder than the others around them. The whole Jjaro chapter is really hard, because of the PID monsters. I like having them, and the phantsoms (Or are those the wraiths? I can't remember) look really good. It might be nice to have them a bit darker, so they're easier to see, but that's completely up to you, they're fine now.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

phor far lamBlake37 12/26/07 7:35 p.m.
     Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/26/07 8:34 p.m.
           Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/27/07 4:38 a.m.
                 Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/27/07 12:40 p.m.
                       Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/27/07 1:00 p.m.
                             Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/27/07 3:04 p.m.
                                   Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/27/07 3:29 p.m.
                                         Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/27/07 3:52 p.m.
                                               Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/28/07 1:49 p.m.
                                                     Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/28/07 5:52 p.m.
                                                           Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/28/07 6:26 p.m.
                                                                 Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/29/07 10:01 a.m.
                                                           Re: phor far lampatrick 12/29/07 1:03 a.m.
           Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 6:17 a.m.
                 Re: Wait, didn't fix ittreellama 12/27/07 6:36 a.m.
                       Re: Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 7:01 a.m.
                             Re: Wait, didn't fix ittreellama 12/27/07 7:22 a.m.
                                   Re: Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 7:47 a.m.
                                         Re: Wait, didn't fix itForrest of B.org 12/27/07 12:42 p.m.
                                               Re: Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 12:55 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.