/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: phor far lam
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 12/27/07 12:40 p.m.

In Response To: Re: phor far lam (Blake37)

: problem is balance and monsters. There are so many of those silver MOAHs
: that take forever to kill. It's not challenging, just time comsuming, you
: just hit em with the staff over and over.

I recently made the MOAHs have a external velocity scale of 0 and no flinch, so they should hopefully be less punching bags and more formidable, since you can't push them around anymore and no matter what they'll keep shooting at you. Should make encounters with them more like I meant them to be.

: The fire yeti (flickta is hard
: to spell) are also really strong and take a lot to kill.

They should be the same as they were in Infinity... [checks]... wtf, they're not. Vitality 500 instead of 200. Grr, yet another unexpected physics change I didn't make... I blame Reuben and/or Shadow, who are the only other people that have been poking around in my physics file. They're fixed now.

Speaking of Flickta, I'd like some input from you all. Since the first three levels of Chapter 3 don't feature any Pfhor, you'd only have your fists and the fusion pistol if you were to vid those levels. Because of that, I removed the Flickta's immunity to fusion weapons (and apparently N-Cannon bursts too). But what do you guys think of that? People vidding levels are likely to be using fists only anyway; so should the Flickta keep their immunities?

: The polar opposit
: happens if you get yout hands on the gravity lightsaber during the S'pht
: chapter. It kills everything with one or two hits!

That weapon was misplaced; it used to be a S'pht Orb in much earlier versions and never got taken off that level when it was changed into the grav blades. You're not supposed to have that weapon until much, much later, when you'll really need it - though I'm eager to hear feedback about how tough or easy those later levels are.

: The other thing that can be irritating is the Corner fighter Ambush. You walk
: into a room that has a couple aggressive fighters, who attack the moment
: they see you. But the staff projectiles, on low gravity in preticular, are
: so powerfull they throw you ten feet up the wall, a sitting duck formore
: fighters to hit you, and you land dead. It could well be that my playing
: style does that to me, but it happens a lot.

I've heard several reports of this but never managed to reproduce it myself. Apparently the Fighter projectiles somehow got made to do 60 damage instead of 30 (another of those mysterious changes that I didn't make); that's the only thing that should make fighting Fighters any different than it was in Infinity. Hmm... I wonder if I could/should give the player a low external velocity scale too, so he can't get knocked around as easily.

Gregory, do you know if the External Velocity Scale for the "marine" monster actually affects how the player reacts to impacts?

: I've said a fair amount, but Eternal, when things are going well, is really
: nice and fun to play, read and look at.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

phor far lamBlake37 12/26/07 7:35 p.m.
     Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/26/07 8:34 p.m.
           Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/27/07 4:38 a.m.
                 Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/27/07 12:40 p.m.
                       Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/27/07 1:00 p.m.
                             Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/27/07 3:04 p.m.
                                   Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/27/07 3:29 p.m.
                                         Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/27/07 3:52 p.m.
                                               Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/28/07 1:49 p.m.
                                                     Re: phor far lamForrest of B.org 12/28/07 5:52 p.m.
                                                           Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/28/07 6:26 p.m.
                                                                 Re: phor far lamBlake37 12/29/07 10:01 a.m.
                                                           Re: phor far lampatrick 12/29/07 1:03 a.m.
           Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 6:17 a.m.
                 Re: Wait, didn't fix ittreellama 12/27/07 6:36 a.m.
                       Re: Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 7:01 a.m.
                             Re: Wait, didn't fix ittreellama 12/27/07 7:22 a.m.
                                   Re: Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 7:47 a.m.
                                         Re: Wait, didn't fix itForrest of B.org 12/27/07 12:42 p.m.
                                               Re: Wait, didn't fix itBlake37 12/27/07 12:55 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.