/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal X Status and Request for Help
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 8/22/06 8:10 p.m.

In Response To: and Rubicon X... this summer is better than (Nicholai)

: btw what is the status of Eternal X?

Pretty much everything is done except for about 25% of the maps (I'm expecting that we may be done mapping next February at this rate), and the two or three new monsters needed to complete chapter 5.

Please, PLEASE, if anybody knows of, or hows how to find, or better yet, is someone who might be able to make me some monsters, let me know! I desperately need them. There's a very special date next summer that I'd really like to make, and I expect that the biggest, possibly only hangup on that will be these new monsters.

What I need are (caution spoilers blah blah like anybody cares):

(1) something like the Human-form Flood from Halo, or a zombie Pfhor with only two eyes or... anything that looks like an possessed humanoid with a staff weapon in far less than perfect health. Modified Fighter sprites could possibly fit this bill. Simon, you interested? I liked your modified Pfhor in Sigma.

(2) something like a Wight from Myth, or the Flood Carrier Form from Halo, or hell, some kind of floating blob of flesh (with tentacles might be cool) would be acceptable too. Anything big, puffy and explody. And also, (2)[a] - little spore-like critters, or face-huggers, or some sort of alien bug that this thing shoots at you. A hovering blob would probably be the easiest thing to animate, since spores could just shoot out some spore-hole on top of it, and it wouldn't need a walking sequence. Just an exploding sequence. Spores of course, being projectiles, only need a moving sequence... something like a squid with an open mouth on the top of it's head would do.

(3) A humanoid character that looks a bit like Shiver from Myth 2. Obviously female (<3 boobs), metallic armor, hovers, very pale... a little bit zombie-looking. Has a personal force shield like a S'pht Defender does. Carries a Wave Motion Cannon, so this bit would require modelling that weapon too. This should be the easiest thing to make as it requires almost no animation; just an idle sequence (since she hovers), and a "force field is up" sequence (wrapped around the Idle model), and maybe one or two frames for a firing sequence (though she could just hold the Cannon at the ready all the time).

I could make do without #2, though it'd make the gameplay in earlier parts of Chapter 5 a little boring. I could technically make do without #3 either, but oh... she'd really makes the ending dramatic if I had her. (I'll give you a hint... the level she appears on is titled "We Met Once In The Garden"). I absolutely need #1, unless you people are all willing to suspend disbelief and buy that those grey Pfhor that are presently all over Ch5 of Mark 5 are really some sort of zombie critters. That, or I'll have to somehow hack the story to excuse PiD characters in there, which isn't too much of a stretch but still... I'd rather not have to.

Wasn't someone working on a Halothon project at some point? If they ported Flood over to Marathon I'd be happy just to use those.

Also, if anybody ever wants to play network games with this, I'll also need a new player model and new weapon graphics (because the weapon graphics I have are only in-hand views and on-ground views; no external views to put in player's hands).

I remember someone here was working on a scenario called November and had this awesome black-armored character that they were using for their player model. If I could get my hands on that guy (the artist and the character), that would be awesome. Does anybody remember who that person was? Is he still around?

And oh yeah. Network play will require some network maps. I remember Ryoko once volunteered for that task... you still interested Ryo? If I don't get any netmaps or a new player model by next summer (presuming everything else is done by then), I'll just make EX a solo-only game and disable the netgame buttons and uncheck netplay on all the maps.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Excalibur: Morgana's Revenge for Mac OS X *LINK*Don Merlin 8/20/06 11:40 p.m.
     :D We're not worthy! *anticipates* *NM*kyjel 8/21/06 2:51 a.m.
     kool!!!! marathon scenarios strike back!!!!! *NM*Nicholai 8/21/06 6:21 p.m.
           Excalibur: Morgana's Revenge's Revenge? *NM*Andrew Nagy 8/21/06 7:02 p.m.
                 and Rubicon X... this summer is better thanNicholai 8/22/06 5:02 p.m.
                       Re: and Rubicon X... this summer is better thanAdam Ashwell 8/22/06 7:37 p.m.
                       Eternal X Status and Request for HelpForrest of B.org 8/22/06 8:10 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Status and Request for HelpFullDiaper 8/23/06 4:16 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Status and Request for HelpD-M.A. 8/23/06 4:36 a.m.
                                   Re: Eternal X Status and Request for HelpForrest of B.org 8/23/06 8:40 a.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Status and Request for HelpLegacyTyphoon 8/23/06 8:58 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Status and Request for HelpForrest of B.org 8/23/06 9:38 a.m.
                                                     Look what I foundukimalefu 8/23/06 4:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Look what I foundForrest of B.org 8/24/06 8:10 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.