/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RX Tycho Plank = Too Much Fun
Posted By: rampancyDate: 8/13/06 6:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: RX Tycho Plank = Too Much Fun (Steve Levinson)

: There's a way to turn off those turrets on Utility Bills and it's not that
: hard to find the switch, so keep on trying. Now as to No Place Like up,
: it's definitely on of the most visually appealing levels I've ever played.
: Falling off those ledges is frustrating as hell, but there are plenty of
: similar things in the original Marathon Trilogy - this is no where near as
: bad as Colony Ship. Can't say I wouldn't have minded another pattern
: buffer along the way, though.

Yes, after getting maser'd for the third or fourth time I was able to figure out how to take care of them. But oddly enough, it somehow fit the level so well that despite the frustration that they entailed, it added to the sense of urgency and tension of the level. The architecture and atmosphere are just amazing.

Oh, and by the way - I think I have a small bug to report: near the end I noticed an active maser turret near the end of the level which wasn't firing at me - I assume it's supposed to fire at me, right? :)

Okay, so maybe comparing There's No Place to Colony Ship is a little harsh, but I just really dislike jumping puzzles in general (since I have pretty slow reflexes). Just the same though, again, I got too immersed in the architecture and atmosphere of the level to really care.

: While I laid out the original plan for the Tycho Plank, Chris made the plot
: his own, and he is responsible for every single map in the Tycho Plank.
: Hats off to Chris.

Yes, and thanks to you for driving the development and plan for this, since I remember you saying how this was largely your brainchild. I really look forward to hearing how you do the Volunteers section for these levels, and if you don't mind I'd really like to help out with that.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RX Tycho Plank = Too Much Funrampancy 8/13/06 10:56 a.m.
     Re: RX Tycho Plank -- RequestAaron Sikes 8/13/06 12:03 p.m.
           Re: RX Tycho Plank -- RequestAdam Ashwell 8/13/06 6:47 p.m.
                 Rethinking Player-Durandal Relations in Rubiconrampancy 8/13/06 7:08 p.m.
                       Re: Rethinking Player-Durandal Relations in RubicoAaron Sikes 8/13/06 7:55 p.m.
                             Re: Rethinking Player-Durandal Relations in Rubicorampancy 8/13/06 10:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Rethinking Player-Durandal Relations in RubicoAaron Sikes 8/14/06 3:18 p.m.
                                         Steve Levinson's Rubicon Volunteers Postsrampancy 8/14/06 6:08 p.m.
                                               Re: Steve Levinson's Rubicon Volunteers PostsCallie21V 8/14/06 6:46 p.m.
                                               Re: Steve Levinson's Rubicon Volunteers PostsAaron Sikes 8/14/06 7:02 p.m.
                                               Re: Steve Levinson's Rubicon Volunteers Poststhermoplyae 8/16/06 4:40 a.m.
                                               Re: Steve Levinson's Rubicon Volunteers PostsClaude Errera 8/16/06 4:58 a.m.
                                                     Thanks Claude, and a questionSteve Levinson 8/16/06 2:56 p.m.
                                                           Re: Thanks Claude, and a questionClaude Errera 8/17/06 7:09 a.m.
                                                     Re: Steve Levinson's Rubicon Volunteers PostsAndrew Nagy 8/16/06 4:06 p.m.
                                                           Re: Steve Levinson's Rubicon Volunteers PostsCallie21V 8/16/06 5:19 p.m.
                                                                 Bingo.Claude Errera 8/17/06 7:19 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Bingo.thermoplyae 8/17/06 7:50 a.m.
                             How romantic!thermoplyae 8/14/06 4:57 a.m.
                       Re: Rethinking Player-Durandal Relations in RubicoScott 8/15/06 4:06 a.m.
           Re: RX Tycho Plank -- RequestLysanderX 10/17/06 8:59 p.m.
                 Re: RX Tycho Plank -- RequestSnowCrash 10/18/06 1:45 a.m.
     Re: RX Tycho Plank = Too Much FunSteve Levinson 8/13/06 3:26 p.m.
           Re: RX Tycho Plank = Too Much FunAdam Ashwell 8/13/06 4:15 p.m.
           Re: RX Tycho Plank = Too Much Funrampancy 8/13/06 6:56 p.m.
                 Re: RX Tycho Plank = Too Much FunBobman 8/15/06 11:28 a.m.
                       Wait - Rubicon X is released?Blayne 8/16/06 12:03 p.m.
                             Answered his own question by reading posts *NM*Blayne 8/16/06 12:07 p.m.
                             Re: Wait - Rubicon X is released?Forrest of B.org 8/16/06 12:22 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.